Advice needed please

Options
Natalie09
Natalie09 Member Posts: 6
Hello

I recently been told that I have been successful for PIP which is a huge relief! I've been looking for some part time work as I'm going mad with boredom just sitting in everyday. The local vets said they may be able to offer me some part time work to cover someone's maternity. At the moment I'm just observing and seeing how it goes. With regards to if I get offered the job would it be best to tell them about my arthritis? I have hospital appointments to go to and I'm worried they'll say I might find the work too hard to do, when I've applied for other jobs in the past they always seem to be put off when I tell them about the arthritis. And it does worry me that I will struggle. Or would this have an impact on my PIP?

Thanks for any advice, I don't have anyone else to ask these questions or talk about it.

Comments

• TeaBag
    TeaBag Member Posts: 101
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am not sure where the law stands on this if you need to disclose medical history I know on any applications I filled in there was a part about it
    if it was me yes I would say but I do understand why you wouldn't want to
    regarding the PIP you can work and claim it but you need to tell them you are doing so ..maybe contact CAB and see what they say and good luck in your new job . :)
  • Natalie09
    Natalie09 Member Posts: 6
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, it didn't work out in the end. They wanted someone with more experience. I spoke to citizens advice and they said I didn't have to tell them I was working as long as it wasn't heavy lifting or running around. So I'm back looking for something else now.