Blue badge success

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
Just had a phone call to say my application for a discretionary blue badge has been agreed and I should recieve it in the next 7-10 working days.
Feeling relieved and very lucky as I know a lot of people have been less succesful than me.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• FelicityD
    FelicityD Bots Posts: 39
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wonderful news! You must be so pleased.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Good one!, I got stitched up by my lot I argued them into submission and they then fabricated evidence and denied my application, still not sure what to do about it I've been in such a bad mood I've held off replying to them just now.
  • Slosh
    Options
    That's dreadful. I do feel very lucky and it does seem that a lot comes down to the luck of the draw with the assessor. Mine was lovely and even gave me advice on other things such as how to get an OT assessment for my home and an attendance (?) allowance to use to pay for help with cleaning.
    I do hope you manage to get yours soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Yeahhhy!!!...great news... makes my life so much easier I hadn't realised the difference it would make.
    Ruby
  • Slosh
    Options
    It arrived yesterday so it had an outing to a local supermarket this afternoon. I also contacted a school where I am going on a course in a couple of weeks time to request use of one of their designated disabled bays.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I was at a garden centre the other day and an orange MG Midget was parked with a badge in it talk about take the p**s.
  • Slosh
    Options
    Sorry but I don't get the connection between blue badge and type of car.
    Julian of Norwich
  • paulch
    paulch Member Posts: 103
    Options
    HI Slosh . Well snap i too just recieved Discretionary decision too only took them 5 days !! mind you i have had a few aids put in to house recently so that must of helped have been in hospital for 2 weeks in a neuro unit, not arthur related, so thier is fairness to find
    tc
  • JamesFoote
    JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
    Options
    i first applied for a badge when i had problems with my knees

i filled in the paperwork online and let them have access to my medical files
    I filled it in on the monday and i had my badge by the friday.

quite upsetting to be honest it was like some one looking at my medical file and going OMG yes give hime one now, I mean right now.

good to know you are all getting the help you need

James