Agghh - what's this pain in between shoulder blades ?!

Options
Dancing Girl
Dancing Girl Member Posts: 25
edited 4. Sep 2014, 09:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Jeez, I've had this before and here I am again laid up tonight with a bad burning pain right in the middle of my shoulder blades :roll: It hurts when I sit up or turn my head sideways, like a sharp pulling pain :shock:

I find it eases up after a few co-codamol and a nights sleep. Anyone had this ?

Thanks for reading xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Do you actually mean in the middle of your shoulder blades or in the middle of your shoulders? If the latter it sounds like arthritis to me. If you really mean between the shoulder blades I'd guess you might have pulled a muscle.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Dancing Girl
    Options
    Do you actually mean in the middle of your shoulder blades or in the middle of your shoulders? If the latter it sounds like arthritis to me. If you really mean between the shoulder blades I'd guess you might have pulled a muscle.

It's just below the base of my neck in the centre, kind of above where you'd fasten a bra strap - sorry I'm not very good at explaining things :?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I think that's pretty clear :) I really don't know. It could be muscular but could also be to do with your spine. I think you need a proper doc to diagnose this.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Dancing Girl
    Options
    Thanks Stickywicket, I reckon it's more muscular than spine. Oh the joys ! Eased off a tiny bit today. Hoping to get another early night and feel better tomorrow. Will see how it goes. Thank you for taking the time to reply xx