Limbo land over the lumbar

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 10. Sep 2014, 06:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am going to whisper this part in order to not tempt fate....(my rheumatoid is fairly stable at the moment)....but I have a mechanical spine and pelvis problem that's causing me no end of pain and sleepless nights. It's being aggravated by driving but I need to drive for my job. I will be doing up to 80 miles per day. My Access to Work claim was terminated (through no fault of my own) but has been re-started and I am going to request travel assistance when I am assessed again. Even with that, I have been told that the sitting position is not good for me. The irony is, due to the havoc my RA has wreaked on my feet, ankles and knees, I can't stand or exercise much either! I am struggling more than I care to admit to anyone in real life. It has taken me a while but I'd finally settled into my new job and now, this. :roll:

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So sorry to read this Starburst. I do hope you get a better result with your Access to work assessment this time through. You have enough to deal with without problems with that throwing a spanner in the works.
    I hope you are being honest with your colleagues about your difficulties and getting help from them where you can.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I've no words of wisdom, Sophie. You are dealing with all this far better than I could. I just hope you continue to pluck solutions out of the air and I send some of these to assist. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Me too Sophie ((((())))) I can only hope your Access to work goes through this time and quickly hoping they can assist with your travelling and helps to give some relief in your spine...............................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Options
    You know when you're a child and you want to pretend that you can't hear or see what you don't want to hear or see? You know when you close your eyes, put your hands over your ears and shout "la la la" to shut the world out?

I want to do that RIGHT NOW!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That doesn't sound good. What's happened?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Oh Sophie (((((((()))))))) I hope you are ok. I'll happily sit on a step next to you with my hands over my ears shouting La la la with you. Then we an crack open a paper bag of sweets.
    Don't struggle without help in the real world for too long. I've tried that and it really didn't work. There's nothing wrong with needing help.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Still thinking of you. ((()))
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Options
    I am ok. I have to be ok and I have to keep going. I just wanted to pretend that I was a normal, healthy human being with general life problems of which none of them contained problems around my eye condition, my joint condition or my stomach condition. RA is a funny beast, I was bumbling along with no swelling and limited pain and then 2 nights ago, I went to bed and woke up with sausage toes that refuse to get in my shoes.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Starburst wrote:
    I am ok. I have to be ok and I have to keep going.

I've used those tactics many a time. Sometimes they work and sometimes they make things worse. Be realistic. Keep taking stock. We're with you whatever.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Yep, me too and that tactic ended me up where I am now. Be careful sweetie. You aren't normal, none of us are, we are far more gifted and special than normal. I too have wanted to just do as others but I can't and the price you pay for trying isnt worth it. Don't run with the pack, hobble your own route and be immensely proud of all you have acheived despite having a body that doesn't always want to join in. You are incredible Sophie, an inspiration and that stops you being normal.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Starburst
    Options
    You are too kind. :oops: The moment of misery has passed and I am now actually properly ok. I've had a bout of vertigo and the meds have been knocking me out which has overridden my pain-related insomnia. Sleep helps improve your mood, who knew?! :wink:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    If there were medals for 'coping under enormous pressures' you'd be up there on the top podium, Sophie.

(I'm sure you'd find a means of hauling yourself up there :wink: )
    Steven Wright