Hi I'm back!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 9. Sep 2014, 10:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Guys, I'm over the worst flu bug I have ever had! I managed to go on my little trip to Weymouth & Monkey World Thursday & Friday. It was amazing and was better than my expectations. It was hard work for my OH pushing the wheelchair as it was all up hill. I saw all the monkeys that where on the show Monkey Life on Sky. It was kind of like seeing actors from a T.V show you really love up close and personal. I kept shrieking every time I saw a Monkey I loved! My OH kept telling me to pipe down! The Orang-utan nursery that I was looking forward to seeing the most had the 2 baby Orangs I wanted to see in there and where close enough to see up close. Even my OH feel a little in love with them. My OH brought me a cuddly baby Orang & a cuddly baby yellow faced gibbon as a reminder to what was it was a fantastic day which I will never forget.
My OH woke up yesterday with the start of the flu bug I just shifted! He will learn how horrible it is!!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am pleased you made it there as you obviously enjoy the series, and I hope your shrieking didn't disturb others around you too much. :wink: I feel sorry for Mr Bubba though, even a 'temporary' illness is a miserable thing - maybe he too should have the flu jab because he is your main carer, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Glad you are over that awful bug.
    Also pleased you got to see the monkeys LOL
    Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better Bubba, sounds like a really good trip...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    That does sound fun. I'm glad you are better, I hope Mr Bubba is well and that the flu hasn't bitten him too badly.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Welcome back. I'm glad you enjoyed the monkeys but, as DD says, please ensure you both get the flu jab this year. Mr SW has always been offered it as a means of protecting me from it. I believe some surgeries are already starting.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    We both will be getting the flu jabs this year, we are booking appts this week!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello bubba so glad you got to monkey world and had a good day..they are so funny to watch..there has been some awful bugs going round..hopefully your OH will recover soon..yes get that flu jab they should be due soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Although I don't qualify for a flu jab from my GP as I have OA, the LEA I work for offers a free flu jab to all staff working in schools to try ad reduce staff absence so for the past few years I've taken that offer up.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich