POCKET DUTIES PLEASE

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 8. Sep 2014, 11:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,
Well here I go again....asking for pocket duties.
I saw the consultant in June about the hip fracture and he said he would see me in 6 months time......CHRISTMAS!!!!! :shock:
Anyway I'm gradually getting sorer. If anything I'm limping more {with one crutch} than I was. Its the pain that's the problem so on Friday afternoon I rang the consultants secretary and explained that it was very sore and I wasn't due to see him until Dec {roughly....not got an appointment yet} She said she was a relief secretary and wasn't able to change his appointments but she would leave a note for his secretarywho would be in on Monday. That was fine......she said if I didn't hear from her feel free to ring back again.
I set the phone down......10 minutes later it rang....it was her....Mr Asaad had walked into the office as she set the phone down and she told him and he said "I'll see her at 6pm Monday night if that's OK with her"
How's that for service.....So please help.....don't know why I'm a bit apprehensive......I've been on these crutches 7 months with not much sign of any improvement so you would think things could only get better????
Love
Hileena

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You can pop me in your pocket. Hope it goes well for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Options
    Oh Thanks Slosh... I'll be glad to have you along for the ride :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Count me in Hileena hope app goes well......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw Hileena, I wish you well at this appointment. Thank goodness you are being seen now and do not have to wait anymore time. Seven months is a very long time to see no improvement.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Marie and Elna
    I'm really sore now {although it will ease off} {7.20am}
    I slept on the un-operated side for quite a while during the night although its not comfortable but I gave up the last couple of hours and rolled over onto my operated side :? I shouldn't have :?
    Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be in your pocket, Hileena. Pleased that you got the appointment without having to wait any longer. I hope it goes well.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am pleased you are seeing someone and I hope the appointment is a positive one. I'll be thinking of you and please let us know how it goes. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'll be there. I think given what you are putting up with apprehensive is more than understandable. He clearly sees there is an issue if he is squeezing you in at 6pm on a Monday. Good luck ((((()))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Meg, DD and LV

Getting your posts reminded me.....got to do a list :lol:
    I've scribbled bits and pieces down as I've thought about them but need to sort it out.
    In December I was going to get another X Ray on the hip and one on my ankle {same side :( } That's the injury from 5 years ago {car going over my ankle} Its been diagnosed a long time ago with OA but seems to be getting worse.
    So with this being a very quick appointment don't know what he'll do.
    Love
    Hileena
    ps Thanks for the company :wink:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I hope you get something positive out of the appt. Hileena. It's been a long 9 months for you. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I will be with you ,hope all goes well. Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    If there is room for a little one I will squeeze in your pocket for today. Hope it goes well Hileena.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry I am late Hileena but you know I am thinking about you..I really do hope they can offer some help..and its a good appointment has we say :) good luck..((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi SW, Bubba, Mig and Barbara
    Of course there is room.
    It seems a long long time ......and is getting worse. At church yesterday there was at least 6 people who said I was limping badly or very unsteady....I was using one crutch which is normal for there.
    You aren't late Barbara...appointment isn't until 6pm tonight

Love
    Eileen
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    i will be there for you. i shall come on my scoota. in case you have a problem walking the distance.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Joan,
    Can I sit on your knee if I get tired :lol:

Love
    Hileena