one for the ladies

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 18. Sep 2014, 07:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
I needed to move to using front fastening bras but struggled to find anything I was happy to wear, even the saleswoman in M and ... said I wouldn't want to wear the only style they sold! Or that was at a price I was willing to pay, saw some lovely ones for £38.
In the end I found a very good American site with a great selection and details on measuring etc. Even with delivery costs and duty the bras I bought worked out to about£23 each and are lovely.
If anyone is interested PM me and I will send you the website details. Delivery was very quick too.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's useful, Slosh, thank you. I've always front-loaded - having watched my mother struggle on a daily basis to fasten something complicatedly hooky behind her back it dawned on me that there was another way viz. cups to the back, fasten the hooks, spin it round and load but even that is getting harder as stuff deteriorates. :( Grrrrrrr. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I use both kinds but mostly the hook kind
    DD...that's the way I do it.....the only way I COULD do it :lol:
    Fasten at the front and turn it around :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Or just forget about bras :wink: When everyone was burning theirs in the early 70's I started to wonder why I was still fighting mine painfully morning and night. I stopped and have never regretted it but it does help if, like me, you don't have much to put into one in the first place :lol: .

Slosh, why not paste your post onto the 'Ideas for making life easier' sticky at the top. It could be permanently useful for some.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have done that Sticky. I remember the days when I coukd quite happily go without a bra, the days of being a 32aa! Mind you then I did quite often do the tissue thing to fill them out a bit. Those were the days. Keep thinking ofJoan River's joke about how once you're 50 when you take your bra off you have to kick them out of the way.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Bumped up for poorlypaws.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hello Slosh
    i have both bra's when i use the hooks i spin it round i'm 32a i forgot where i got my front doing up one from.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx