Hip bursitis update

Options
Megrose489
Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
edited 8. Sep 2014, 14:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Saw the orthopaedic consultant last week about the hip bursitis and he gave me another injection - which hurt much more than the last one, given by my GP two months ago - and has referred me for a course of physio. This will also help my back and, hopefully, my knees. I noticed that my hip felt a lot easier two days after this second injection and, correspondingly, felt a lot better in myself, but now, a week later, it seems to have reached a plateau. It's strange, isn't it, that you can go months feeling unwell and in pain and you forget how it feels not to have pain? Does that make sense? Anyway, I haven't heard anything about the physio yet and we'll just have to see what happens. At least I'm under this chap now, so, hopefully, things can only get better.

And, I've finally got my new, ultra-posh, laptop, so I don't have to squint at my phone to try to post onto the forum - thank goodness. All liquids within a mile are banned!

Meg

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Meg
    The injections didnt work for me so I am glad to hear you have had some relief..I do hope the physio can help if you get a good one they are worth there weight in gold..and I am jealous this laptop is driving me mad..half the keys I have to punch to get them to work... :lol: you enjoy your new one.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Megrose489 wrote:
    It's strange, isn't it, that you can go months feeling unwell and in pain and you forget how it feels not to have pain? Does that make sense?

Perfect sense, Megrose. During my first pregnancy I had total remission. That was 43 years ago but I still recall how wonderfully weird it felt to have no pain, a bit like being weightless. Unfortunately, my younger son made up for that when I was carrying him :lol:

I hope the steroid continues to help even if not quite so well as at first.

Why not waterproof laptops :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Yep, I have similar reminiscences as SW about no pain. I realised I was pregnant before I tested because I could suddenly get out of bed in the morning. It was lovely! I hope you continue to feel comfier, it's lovely isn't it?
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter