Hello Everyone

Options
Ossie
Ossie Member Posts: 5
edited 10. Sep 2014, 13:00 in Say Hello Archive
Hi - I just joined up - been diagnosed with PsA of hands and feet and OA of hands, feet, knees, cervical and lumbar spine. Been in the fire service for 20 years but they want to pension me out now (I def do not want to go). Don't know any other women with the disease but to be honest, would be nice just to talk to other people who live with Arthur. I still feel pretty alone and still a big bit in denial (I am sure I will be better in a couple of days time) although I have sold all of my glamorous heels now. still holding onto my snowboard though. Can't take DMARDs so it's life on Tramadol for me :) looking forward to chatting to you all :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Ossie. It's good to meet you but sorry you had to find us. If you want to talk to others with arthritis you've come to the right place :) I think you'll find us helpful and supportive. There are quite a few with PsA and a lot more with other auto-immune forms of arthritis and OA too.

Like, you, I went for the double :roll: My RA gradually led to OA but I put that down to the decent meds not being available when I first started with RA. I'm wondering how you've only just been diagnosed now. It will be very hard for you if you can't take DMARDS.

I don't know what your work situation will be if they want you to take early retirement and you don't want to. I thought alternative work (eg in office) had to be offered but you'll get more informed replies if you put that bit on the Benefits and Working Matters forum. I think the other forum titles are all self-explanatory and I look forward to seeing you around :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Ossie and a warm welcome to the forum
    Like SW says there are quite a few people on here with PsA..it is good to talk to people in the same position. I have OA and I have found the forum a god send, I do hope to see you around the forum..
    Love
    Barbara