SPINAL SURGERY laminectomy anyone had this

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 10. Sep 2014, 10:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had my neuro appointment today and again spinal surgery was mentioned he has told me all the upside and downside has they do , and I have asked for time to think about it, because my other THR is looming..anyone had a laminectomy ...would like to know how you got on...
Love
Barbara

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I having had any spinal surgery, only injections in theatre as you know. But my step father had a laminectomy done at Preston and found it very good. He recovered very smoothly from it and had good effect. Where will you have yours if you do?
    NB
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hello NB its good to see you back with us
    And thankyou,I'm not sure were it will be, but he did say all the scarey stuff if it goes wrong..but he was very nice , its good to know someone that has had it done and had good results..its a toss up now,hip first or back, I do think if I have this other hip done then it will be easier to lie on my front :roll: can I ask if you got any relief from the sacro joint injections I am down for those has well..hope you are getting there with work and your dad has a good recovery...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    HI Barbara
    Well the SI injections, I had a little bit of relief for first few days but now, it is just as bad as ever unfortunately. But he did say he could try a different area so? I hope you get sorted xx
    NB
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thankyou NB its typical of these injections..the only ones that work for me were the hand ones... I think I will give it a go only to find out if that is one of the culprits, you let me know how you get on..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I don't have any experience, Barbara but I hope someone who does can come along and offer you advice and support.

What are you thinking about the surgery, any strong feelings either way? x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sorry Barbara didn't know what it was so i googled it gulp,hope whatever you decide I'm sure it will be the best option for you.(((()))) Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm pleased to report this is one surgery I haven't done but good luck with the tricky decision making, Barbara.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thankyou Sophie , mig and SW for your reply's... :)
    Sophie I think if it get any worse then my mind will be made up..I think maybe the hip will be first ..
    Mig I made the mistake of googling it..not nice is it..he did tell me not to google it has it looks worse than it is.. :o
    SW I think you have had enough ops for us all...I'm a new comer with one new hip... :lol:
    I suppose there are no guarantees with any op...Thanks again all..xxxx
    Love
    Barbara