Hi little update from me x

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 10. Sep 2014, 10:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I am have not been on the forum for a little while as I have been caught up with dealing with my Dad and his treatment for his cancer. He had another op a couple of weeks ago and goes back this thursday to see when his chemo starts. I am a bit concerned about all the ti me that is passing and feel he should have started it already but? ....
I have also had a nice family holiday, just me MrNB and our 2 children. It was a lovely break, but I struggled with pain and mobility a little during the holiday. I had been waiting for my follow up at the hospital after my hip dislocation ( I was told at 12 weeks, it happened in march!!) I came back from my holiday and had been sent an appointment for last Thursday which was my first day back at work, so I postponed it until the 25th.
I am still having a lot of back pain despite having injection in to my SI joint in theatre before my holiday. I go back to the pain man in October.
My right hip is giving me a lot of pain, waking me at night even. So I have upped my pain killers. My right knee is joining in too :roll: It feels like a vice is tightening around it, and is starting to give way. I have made a GP appointment for next week, not sure what they can do but I will see.
I am back at work again, but am struggling with the driving. My right leg is difficult to manoevre in and out of the car so I am lifting it with 2 hands. My boss asked me why I was in pain today??? Seriously??!! I have a 1:1 with her next week, but can see that being a waste of time!!!
I will try to catch up with all your posts and hope you are all doing as well as can be. I do think of you all when I am not here, but life is a bit chaotic at present xx
NB

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello NB,

Good to see you on here. Please don't worry about catching up with others on here, as you said yourself, you've got enough on your plate at the moment. We all understand that life takes priority.

I'm pleased to hear you got away with the family even if you struggled a bit while you were away. You've had a lot to deal with; your own health and concerns about your dad, I think it can be helpful to be away from the every day hum drum of life for a bit.

Wishing you the best of luck with your consultant appt. Let us know how it goes and I hope your dad is doing as well as he could be, given the circumstances. x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sending some hugs to all. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I can only echo what Starburst has said. This is a difficult time for you. I hope brighter days are ahead.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm so sorry you have so much on your plate at the moment having your Dad's health to be concerned with and the upcoming appointment. And your health being a worry. So you should concentrate on yourself and your father's health not what has been happening on here. But it is nice to hear from you. Sending you lots of (())'s, take care and I hope your Dad's appointment will be a positive one and you get some relief when you see your Pain doctor.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello NB
    You do have a lot going on and your dad being so poorly will impact on you,I know my health suffered when looking after my parents..it is so worrying for you..I hope goes well for him..
    I do hope at your next appointment things look ok on the xray , saying this you can still be in pain when things look ok... :roll: has for work I hope the one to one goes well ..but some bosses just don't want to know.
    Good Luck with everything and I hope you get some relief very soon..let us know how you get on ((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara