Metoject Pen.

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 15. Sep 2014, 11:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
So, I might be switching from Meth tablets to the new Metoject Pen next month.

I have had the Meth injections previously.

Is the Pen any different or easier to use as I hated doing the injections every week!

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There was quite a lot of comment on here when the pens were first mentioned. People did seem to dislike them but I have to say, I find them a lot easier to use and a lot less fuss than the injections. That's just me but it's less fiddly and I feel like I have to do less with them. I wasn't bothered about the injections really so I didn't expect this to feel any better but it does. It might just be the novelty value :D but I don't think it is! Good luck with them when it is you.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Kazziwaz
    Kazziwaz Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi, I've been self injecting the methotrexate for some years, lately I've been experiencing some difficulty injecting due to swollen joints so I've switched to the pen.
    I love it! So much easier to use, hardly feel it going in. I would definitely recommend it.
  • tenbury
    tenbury Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Much better than the injections Debra, I used to hate doing them and they were quite painful , with the pen I don't feel any pain, I did find a post somewhere on here a month or so ago telling how to do it and it was a great help, good luck but you won't need it,you will be fine.
  • farmgirl
    farmgirl Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi only started injecting a month ago, (was unable to take the tablets) for me the pen is great.
    I'm so glad that I didn't start earlier when it was proper injections, as I find the pen so easy and quick and painless.
    Good luck. x