My 'flu jab is booked.

Options
2»

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    T**CO are offering flu jabs for £9 for anyone who isn't eligible for a free one
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you for that, Slosh, it's worth knowing. I daresay other supermarkets with pharmacies will follow suit soon, I am hoping to persuade Mr DD to have one. His mum always wanted him too, I may remind him of that. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I'm sure they will, it's just that I happened to be in there yesterday, saw the poster and remembered this thread.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's my annual reminder on here because I once slipped through the cracks and don't want that to happen to others. To my mind it is important. DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    We are going for our flu jab on Saturday hubby had a letter this morning offering him the shingles jab as he is 70 so does he have it or not ,if he got a mild reaction how would that rebound on me ? (On humira ) We will of course talk it over with our practice nurse but what do you good folk on here think.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Mig, Mr SW was offered the shingles jab. I think it was last year when he turned 70. He had it and neither of us had any problems. I think the chances of you getting anything from his jab would be minimal if not impossible whereas, if he got shingles, you could both be knee deep in the nasty stuff. Tell him to check with the nurse before having it to be on the safe side.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I too would ask him to have it for the same reasons as stated by Sticky - it makes sense to me. He may have a slight reaction but, if you keep your distance, that shouldn't be a problem because I don't think it's like having the full-blown infection (but remember I am not a doctor). DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I had mine today. I went in for my yearly ECG and she said I might as well have it then and there. It's strange, I can inject myself without a quiver but the nurse laughed at the look of horror on my face when she came at me with a needle. (She knows me well, so it was fine that she laughed!) :wink: