My Orthopedic Appointment

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 21. Sep 2014, 14:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went to see the private Orthopedic doctor yesterday courtesy of my G.P about my bunion. Very nice man, he showed me my X-Rays of my left foot and explained everything and said the best thing to do was refer me to the surgeon show him the X-Rays and he can decide to either shave down the bunion or remove it totally because mine is a weird shape almost a hook shape! So I had to choose from a list of Hospitals where I want the operation and he said I will get a letter with a date to see the surgeon it shouldn't be more than a 3 weeks I will have to wait. So at last the bunion will be sorted very soon and I will be able to wear my lovely shoes again instead of living in my bootie slippers or my very worn shoes and no more pain!!!

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What a great result! Bet you're looking forward to buying lots of new shoes.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hope you get it sorted, bubbadog. Neither slippers nor old shoes are good for arthritic joints.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options
    Hello bubbadog
    i had a bunion and when i had my triple fusion they also straightened my big toe they put a plate in i have no pain there now.
    good luck
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am pleased for you bubba..let us know when the op is and we can be in your pocket.. :)
    Love
    Barbara