I have a cordless vacuum.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Sep 2014, 13:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Over the years I have had to alter my domestic arrangements, including giving up my Dysons but so discovering that, in my humble opinion, Vax vacs are far better as well as lighter. Now things are more troublesome so the constant plugging in, unplugging, lugging to the next room and repeat is now far too tiresome, as is winding the flex at the end (I prefer an upright vacuum but also have a Vax cylinder). Having done some lengthy research into cordless machines I went to a department store that is never knowingly beaten on price so I could try some of these new beasts out.

I was amazed and very pleasantly surprised. I am now the proud owner of a sparkling white German-made machine (which comes with some tools which may prove to be too fiddly) but I cleaned all floors in No.10 today in under thirty minutes. It won because it has the choice of three speeds (I can't push it at the highest!) and long battery life. It was so much fun I may repeat tomorrow. :shock:

I am keeping one of my Vax machines, the cylinder one, because that may be the best option for doing soft furnishings, curtains, lampshades etc. but I highly recommend one of these cordless machines - they are light, easy and very neat - given time the price will reduce too so bear them in mind. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Vacuuming fun?? I've had a Vax for a few years now, though since our lovely dog left for the Kennel in the Sky it doesn't have to work quite as hard.

I trust your new one is within EEC guidelines? We must do as the Brussels bureaucrats tell us.

Tezz x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Anything that gets you cleaning DD :wink:

Though two days running :shock:

Seriously though cordless is really useful. We bought MIL one for Christmas a d*son one. I don't know the battery life, but she only has a wee bungalow, but I have checked the weight 2.2kg so fabulous.

She does not use the 'fiddly bits' either.

Theresak - I am sorry your v*x doesn't have to work so hard, I bet you wish it still did :(

Happy vaccing folks

d027.gif

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    frogmorton wrote:
    Happy vaccing folks

d027.gif

:? That's not a concept I'm familiar with, Toni :wink:

DD, I like to make people happy so, if you'd pop up to Yorkshire 2-3 times per week we could both have fun - you with your vac and me with a nice glass of CB watching you :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    We had friends to dinner last night and this morning the carpet bore testament to a very good time had by all. :oops: I fetched the machine and three minutes later all was pristine again, a further minute in the hall and two in the kitchen et voila! Neat, tidy, crumb-and-dust-free flooring.

It was fun. :shock: DD

PS Mr DD didn't get to bed until 4.30am - yup, it was that kinda night for some. :wink:
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    This is well timed DD. My current vac is good but quite heavy and I have been considering having a cordless one upstairs to save the lugging up and down - complicated by having an open tread helical staircase(space wasting spiral) which is horrid to get things up and down.
  • dreamdaisy
    My first venture into cordless cleaning occurred around a month ago when I bought a L*k*l*nd carpet sweeper for half-price in their sale and it made life in the kitchen (sealed oak flooring) far easier but lacked the required 'oooomph' for carpets. I am very pleased with my choice - there is a tool-less option which is somewhat cheaper but many manufacturers are getting into this area, Vax included.

At our old house (three floors) I had a vacuum for every floor simply to solve the issue of stair-lugging. Your stairs sound lovely but very impractical. I empathise. We will soon be eating - I plan to make another mess. :wink: DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Must say DD this sounds like a very good buy...at the min I pay my GC pocket money to hoover ...happy hoovering... :)
    Love
    Barbara