POCKET DUTIES PLEASE

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 25. Sep 2014, 15:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I've got a day procedure tomorrow {Tuesday} at 11.30am
Its an aspiration.......taking fluid from my hip to see if there is any infection there because it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
If you remember the consultant X Rayed it again a few weeks ago and there was no change in the last couple of X Rays so this is the next step
Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, not one of my favourite things I have to admit but I will be there, promise. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Be there with you.Mig
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Mig and DD.......I haven't had this before.
    Have had a large needle guided in {them looking at a camera} but it was for an injection......not to withdraw fluid. I'm assuming its similar
    Oh well.....it will be over tomorrow evening LOL
    They say day procedure......the last one I had was about the same time 11.30am and I was out about 4pm
    Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hileena I'll be in your pocket and I hope everything goes okay.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    i will be there for you think of some thing nice to have when you get home.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    You can pop me in too. Hope it goes well and is helpful
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hope it goes well for you - I've had a few of those done over the years. Hope I can fit in your pocket - haven't lost the holiday excess yet!

Tezz x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hileena it will be no worse than the guided needle ..honestly..I will be in your pocket...can we call for tea and cake when its all done...good luck hope there is no infection but you need some answers...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Call it a Day Procedure and it doesn't sound much. Call it Someone Sticking a Needle in a Painful Hip and it sounds a lot more :o I wouldn't fancy it and will be there for support.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    There will be plenty of room......who said tea and cakes afterwards :lol: I can guess :wink:
    I've had a couple of day procedures and they have been various lengths of time.....none of them a full day but one was only about 2 hours....that would be great....one was closer to 5 hours.
    I know it will just be the same as the guided needle we've both had only that was an injection.....It will be interesting to see what my BP is
    The last consultants apt he decided I needed to go for this so had to go and do the usual...height weight BP......BP was 190/100.......I told her it was "white coat syndrome" it usually happened in hospital no matter how calm I felt
    She still insisted I go and see my GP {not the nurse} and have it re-done.......135/85 at the GP's :lol:
    I bet it goes sky high tomorrow
    Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be there, too, Hileena. I hope it all goes well.

Meg
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I'll be there. I don't often blow my own trumpet about baking (because I am not very good) but I made the most wonderful cake this weekend, so I'll bring some with.

Best of luck! x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Once again thank you
    As for home made cake mmmmm!!!!
    I don't care how many crumbs are in the pocket :lol:
    Anyone know when Chris {skeizer} is coming back
    I always borrowed one of her massive jackets for pocket duties :lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Bit late but I'm here too with cake (((())))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi All
    Well I'm home.
    Went in at 11.30am, got seen at 1.30pm......typical :lol:
    I was in the theatre for 1 hour.
    The aspiration was quite sore. He said that he didn't think there was any infection but has sent some off to the lab and will see me in 2 weeks time
    For that 2 weeks I've got to keep a pain diary......he injected anaesthetic into it at the end {this is all where my THR scar is} and he wants to know if the anaesthetic makes any difference and for how long....... hence the pain diary.
    While I was still on the theatre table I said to him will this ever get completely better.....Yes.....I said .....the fracture??? No...that wont heal itself. You are on two crutches now and maybe you will progress to 1 crutch :o
    That's the closest I've got to an answer about this fracture.
    Its always been.....we cant do anything it will heal itself..
    Oh well.......something else for my collection :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I was thinking of you and whispering jokes while you waited. Did you hear me?! :lol: That's positive that they didn't think there is any sign of infection, fingers crossed that the results confirm this. It sounds like it's going to be a rocky road to recovery but you'll get there. Slow and steady wins the race, yes?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm glad it's over and done with and you're back home but not great news about the fracture. I'm guessing he means it will fuse together but not necessarily as or how you'd, ideally, want it to. I hope the pain diary proves unnecessary ie nothing out of the ordinary or, better still, extraordinary well. Rest and recover, Hileena :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks SW
    Its hard to explain about that bone that fractured but a bit shaved off it and you can see it on its own {on an X Ray}
    Also it was attached to a muscle and it is no longer properly attached to it :?
    Its not the news I wanted but at least he told me something which is more than others have.
    If anything I might cope better if I'm not expecting it to heal and getting frustrated when it doesn't.........does that make sense?
    You learn to deal with OA, Scoliosis, Osteoporosis etc etc but because this was expected to heal it was so frustrating.

Well the pain diary is to hopefully show that the anaesthetic is helping and for how long???? I didn't get a chance to ask that
    Does that mean if it helped he might use the anaesthetic again??? Sorry rhetorical question :lol:
    Hopefully no infection.
    Also I'm seeing the pain clinic at the beginning of November.....possibly get some more help for pain.......I'm on paracetamol and Naproxen and that's it {for the pain I mean}
    Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I`m glad you`re home Hileena, and the procedure is over with. They usually have a pretty good idea from the colour of the fluid if there`s any infection, so he`s probably right.

Maybe they can give you some stronger painkillers at the pain clinic?

Try and rest up to give things a chance to settle - no gallivanting to the Metro Centre!!

Tezz x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Take it easy and rest up please. I hope the anaesthetic helps and that you get a good response from the pain clinic. It's mixed news about your fracture but at least someone was finally honest with you and you know what you are dealing with. Nothing is worse than not knowing.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Options
    Awww Tezz....You trying to spoil my fun??? No going to the Metro :lol:
    I'm going tomorrow morning to get my eyebrows done
    Then my hair colour and cut in the afternoon locally :wink:

Slosh that's the way I look at things....all the other things I have....waiting for a diagnosis is the worse part....once you know...you know how to deal with it.
    Thanks both of you
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, it's some kind of a result I suppose but obviously not the one you wanted. :( My fingers are crossed that you are infection-free and that bit of bone stays where it is - is this the bit that was meant to rejoin and heal itself? I apologise for being muddled but my brain is sludgy this morning. My arm fracture healed probably because I kept it still for six weeks but with a hip it's somewhat different. :( Oh bother. Good luck with the diary, don't forget to do it! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning DD
    Sorry I didn't get answering this sooner
    I've had a mad couple of days :roll:
    Not sure that they ever expected that bit to rejoin??????
    Yes ....the hip is different to your am.....can you imagine it in a sling :lol:
    I was also told exercise exercise exercise ........listening to my body. The consultant/surgeon even said going back to my seated zumba at Arthritis Care would help :o
    So I don't feel guilty about not resting :lol:
    I think I said I was seeing him again in a couple of weeks {no actual date yet}
    I will go back with loads of questions........this question about would it ever heal was while I was on the table in the operating theatre and he was doing this day procedure :wink:
    Doing the diary but will have to sort it out before I go to him and make it more legible :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sending some hugs and positive vibes .Mig
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Mig