Someone up there is taking the mick!!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 27. Sep 2014, 03:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
I thought I'd had my share of problems for the year but I think someone up there hates me because now my left knee has flared up and is the size of a small rugby ball!! I can't put any weight on the foot. It started on Saturday evening and the pain kept me up Saturday night throught to Sunday morning, all I can say is thank goodness for Kindles. I really don't want to take Oromorph and I spoke to my G.P this morning and she suggested having a Steroid injection as they can do them now at my practice so all I need to do is call my Rhummey Nurse ask her and see if she gives the go head and I can arrange it. So I had a busy week and I've had to cancel all my appointments and rearrange them. It's a total nightmare and has left yet again off my legs and fed up!! All I can do is give it time to pass, thank goodness I have stuff to watch on Sky!!

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh, a horrible swollen knee is not nice. I hope you can get your steroid injection and things get better soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    No-one's taking the mick, Bubba, this is part-and-parcel of an inflammatory arthritis. You may also need to have the knee drained first to remove the fluid - hopefully the practice can cope with that bit too. I warn you it isn't fun and don't forget to rest the knee completely for at least forty-eight hours after. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I don't think hatred is the modus operandi of anyone above :wink: However, invasion of the joints is very much the M.O. of arthritis :wink:

Is this the same knee that swelled up a few weeks ago, bubbadog, or is it the other? What did you do then to tame it a bit? If you had a steroid injection then it might be a bit early for another and it might be that your meds need tweaking a bit. Or the fluid removing. Anyway, your rheumatology nurse will know.

If you literally can't put any weight on it how are you getting about the house? That sounds like a very difficult situation if you're on your own all day. I hope whatever is done works quickly.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thank you for your kind words,Yep, it's the same bugger as last time, it seemed to well up then after keeping weight off it as much as I could it went down but this time it's more severe. I've had a word with my Rhummey nurse and she's happy for my G.P practice to do the Steroid injection. I'm not so sure about fluid being removed I expect the Dr will take a look. I can't get in to have it done till next Tuesday :( So until then it's keep it raised. I'm fine when the OH gets home but the rest of the day I've got drinks and phones on the table next to me and my next door neighbour sorts my lunch out. The only thing I need to worry about is getting to the toilet which isn't to far to hobble. The only tuff thing is getting up & down stairs. Until I can get the stair lift sorted it's take my time and my OH is there incase I need him it takes a good 10mins but I get there on my bum. I'll get there eventually!!
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    ((((())))) rest up and make sure those cats look after you!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well, there seems no reason why you shouldn't have a jab if you didn't previously. Please ask about fluid removal though as, if there's so much in there, it doesn't leave much room for the steroids. Remember to rest it for 48 hours afterwards and good luck :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I remember when my left knee was at its fattest, moving around was hard but back in those good old days it was my only affected joint.

We're a few days on now, bubbadog, how's things? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben