Long time no see.....

Options
deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 12. Oct 2014, 17:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,
Not been on here for a long long time so thought I'd pop in and see what you're all up to.

I've not been too good myself for a few weeks now with the usual stuff and other things added to the mix too. I have the added problem of a wobbly head which is happening on and off on a daily basis now. I have noticed it for a while but knew I had to get it checked out when we went away for a few days with my mum and dad and my dad asked what was causing my head to shake (he doesn't notice anything). I made the appointment and then cancelled said appointment. I remembered my gran having Parkinsons disease and the podiatrist mentioning Parkinsons when I went to see her with my dancing toes and went into full panic mode. So silly I know but I just can't face being hit by something else at the moment. I'm tired, no exhausted at the moment. I know I have to go, the aches and pains are shouting at me and the places where I ache have multiplied too so something needs adjusting. I will go when I get my head in gear (or when my daughter drags me there which I think will be the more probable outcome).

I do hope you are all as well as can be and things aren't biting too much.

Take care and I won't leave it as long till my next visit.

Take care all

Dee xxx

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Dee
    I know its not what you want to hear but yes you should get a diagnosis.....
    how do I get in touch with your daughter and get her to drag you there :lol:
    You know ....same as me......that your imagination can be worse than the actual result......My imagination can run riot. Even if it is what you think ...I find that knowing helps me cope better.
    On top of all my other things 4 days post op 2nd THR I was doing an NHS exercise and there was a crack and my leg gave way. I was taken to hospital. X Ray and they said......you have fractured your greater trochanter bone.....{top of femur} nothing we can do but it will heal itself but will take a long time.
    8 and a half months later I'm still on 2 crutches and getting more frustrated by the day because it wasn't healing.
    I was having fluid taken out of my hip last week to be sent to the lab to check for an infection. I said to my surgeon.....is this fracture every going to heal? {more in exasperation than anything else} he said NO
    I think that has helped me because now I can treat it like all my other complaints, chronic, degenerative etc etc and not get so frustrated. I'll try and find a way to manage it.
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    (((()))) Oh Dee, you are not in a good place right now, are you?

I'm sorry about all that's happened but you know, deep down, it has to be checked out, don't you? There's no denying it, it could be Parkinsons: but it could also be lots of other things too. My sister has a wobbly head and, after tests, they concluded she has a wobbly head - no more and no less. A friend has a wobbly head due to her spinal problems. Even if it were Parkinsons treatments will have advanced a lot since your Gran's days just as they have for auto-immune forms of arthritis.

As for the joints, of course they are playing up as you're under a lot of stress. Get thee to a doc. (You knew we'd say that, didn't you :wink: ) Knowledge is power and we will be here to help pick up any pieces or - hopefully - celebrate :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have a friend with a wobbly head and yes, like Sticky's sister, that is all she has, a wobbly head. Delaying is only putting it off but I can understand your not wanting to deal with something else on top of everything else. Don't delay for too long though, this will only add to the stress of life and our joints thrive on that. :roll: I hope to hear from you again soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Hi DeeDee

I understand the procrasination but as others have said, the faster you get it checked the faster you get to sort it out or at least know what you are dealing with and that might lessen your worries rather than increase them.

((((())))) LV
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi DeeDee, Sorry you are suffering at the moment but it's good to hear from you. Every time I get a different pain in my body that's not Arther related I worry that it's something horrible you can't help it! You really do need to get an appointment booked soon. I hope your daughter is strong enough to make you get the appointment sorted. Good to hear from you, take care. (())
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Dee I understand what you mean so scary to have more things thrown at you, I hope you do go soon and them the weight of not knowing will at least be lifted.... we are all behind you and here for a chat...((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • deedeeitsme
    Options
    Firstly I apologise for popping up after all this time and doing nothing but moan, that wasn't my intention but once I'd started I couldn't stop, so sorry.

Hileena...blimey you are going through it aren't you. I can only imagine how disappointed you must be to have this happen after your hip replacement which, in theory, should have made things easier but has actually made things worse. Good on you for facing this head on and doing the best you can under the circumstances.

Thank you everyone else for taking the time to read my ramble. I am going to ask my daughter to make me an appointment for a time when she can come with me (or I might not go again :oops: ) and get this sorted one way or another. What will be will be and as you say the sooner I know the sooner I can get on with it.

Thanks especially to LV....I have had a browse through your posts and you have had such a lot to put up with lately I'm surprised you have the energy to even answer my post. I applaud you for your sheer determination. I am so glad the little ones are doing fine now, what an ordeal for you and them.

Thank you all again so much, I really appreciate your support.

Dee xxx
  • bridesmum
    bridesmum Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Hi Deedee, I hope that everything works out for you. my mum went to see her gp on friday as she has really shaky hands (they've gone from trembly to shaking so much she struggles to drink a cup of tea, in about 4 years) she also has a shaky head which has worsened in the last 12 months or so. Her mother also had shaky hands but it never went any further than that. Her gp has frightened her to death by saying he thinks it may be Parkinson's and he is getting her an urgent appointment with a neurologist. She's 81 and is getting more and more anxious about her health and I think she is frightened of dying. She had her 2nd tkr a couple of months ago and still is in a lot of pain and is convinced that it has been unsuccessful.
    Hileena, I really feel for you, it's terrible that an op which should have made life easier and less painful has made things worse for you. It makes my problems fade into insignificance. Deb
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DeeDee and Deb
    Deedee I hope your daughter gets that appointment made soon before you change your mind :lol:
    Please keep in touch and let us know the result....good or bad
    Deb
    I see the consultant in about 10 days or so....I'll be shouting for pocket duties coming closer to the time :lol: and I'll find out more clearly what he really thinks now. It wasn't the best time to ask him......but he does know I like a straight answer but I still have a few questions for him.....it wouldn't be me if I didn't have. :lol:
    Got to admit the crutches will be a pain.....trying to get used to them and do shopping etc but I will.....I refuse to sit around doing nothing
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You're far from alone in being absent then returning with a moan - if you can't moan to us then to whom? If you look down the page you will see that others do this too, it seems that this is now the main use of the forum and it's a good thing that it's here for people to let off steam. At least you are speaking to the initiated who can empathise. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • deedeeitsme
    Options
    Heleena I'll be in your pocket when you next go and I do hope the outcome is a positive on.

Oh Deb bless your mum...I hope she is feeling a little better now and that the results from the tests are good results.

Appointment not made yet as my daughter was hit with a bad stomach bug(courtesy of my granddaughter Mia who had a sleepover at hers and was sick all night) but will make one as soon as she feels better.

The cold weather is playing havoc with the old bones so just having a relaxing afternoon doing nothing. I had my grandkids visit for a couple of hours this morning and believe me that is exercise enough for today :o

Take care all

Dee xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Dee
    Thanks for the pocket duties .....without me asking {yet} :lol:
    I hope your daughter recovers soon.
    As for the weather.....it is playing havoc with my bones as well so I know exactly how you feel
    Take care
    Love
    Hileena
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello Deedee and Deb
    good luck with your results. thinking of you both.

((((((((Deedee and Deb))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • deedeeitsme
    Options
    Hileena daughter is fully recovered now thank you...the appointment will be made this week and then we'll take it from there. I hope you are as well as can be expected and you have had a good weekend.

Debs how's your mum? Some doctors really don't think before they speak do they. I do hope she is not fretting too much bless her.

Joan thank you so much for the much needed hugs. Hubby and I are in the process of re decorating so we were stripping walls yesterday so very achy today, had a day of doing nothing much though to give me time to recover for the next round :lol:

DD....you're quite right and if we can't let off steam here where can we. It's not a matter of wanting sympathy it just makes people feel better to get things off there chest so to speak and know there are people out there who totally understand the day to day trials of this bloomin disease.

Take care all and stay warm, the weather has really turned now, winter is on it's way.

Dee xxx