DLA RENEWAL

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
Hi
I sent my DLA renewal pack off early June when I received it. Although I know my condition/mobility and care needs have worsened since my last claim, I was still feeling very anxious about it all. I rang them to see if a decision had been made, as I was thinking it should be done by now. The lovely lady on the phone has just told me my claim has been upheld for high rate mobility and I have also been awarded low rate care , for the first time. So relieved. Silly really, as I know I only told it as it is on the form. I can keep my lovely car, thank goodness as I cannot manage in other cars as the seats are too low and uncomfortable and I am always wary of hip dislocations. I can`t tell you how much this means to me.
NB

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That is good news, NB, I hope it's a small weight off your currently over-loaded mind. I hope you get the official confirmation soon, however, just for a belt-and-braces reason. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi DD
    thanks. Yes I got the letter of confirmation in the post this afternoon. It does give me a bit of piece of mind, and as you say one less thing to worry about. It is strange reading about your disability issues in black and white. It is like they are talking about a different person. If only!!
    Take care x
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That confirms I march to the beat of a very different drum - I read my troubles and think 'Yup, got that right!' :lol: Seeing it in black-and-white confirms it for me, and reminds me that my live has its troubles which should not be ignored. I am pleased that you now have it in writing, that is very important for proof should it be required. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben