Where does the list end

Options
Christimay
Christimay Member Posts: 112
edited 18. Oct 2014, 06:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Ok first it was vitiligo,underactive thyroid,RA,raynuds disease now lupus is there any other auto immune disease likely to come along

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Christimay, life can be so very unfair. :( I really feel for you. I can only hope and pray that this is the end as you've had more than your fair share of illness.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    You are going through it aren't you.......like me you collect things on the way :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • Christimay
    Options
    Thanks girls :) xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I hope there are no more, I think by now you must have shouted 'house'. (((((())))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The immune system is a strange thing when it won't behave. I think you've probably copped the lot but who knows? :? That is certainly a great deal to be living with, I am sorry. Now I'm feeling rather grateful that I have only what I have. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh no Christimay, I bet your hospital file/s are like mine!! Last count I'm on a 3rd file now, when I'm at the hospital they have to take my files through on a trolley and that's no joke!!! I know when it's my turn to see the consultant when they wheel my files through. My latest problem is my Bunion which hopefully will be a temporary problem. I'm sorry you have to deal with several different illnesses when It's hard just dealing with one.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Just sending you these Christimay ((())) and hope there is nothing else out there...and the ones you have can be improved..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean Christimay, my list is as follows:

RA, Sjogren's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Vasculitis, Nodular Prurigo, and I'm a bit suspicious of my bowel problems possibly being Ulcerated Colitis. RA has also given me Bronchiectasis - which I know is not an autoimmune disease, but my immune system is indirectly responsible for it. As you say, what can our everactive immune systems give us next? :? :shock: :x

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hello christimay. It's lovely to see you again but I'm so sorry you have another auto-immune addition to your difficulties. At my age I expect to gather diseases and illnesses but I seem to remember you're still quite young for that sort of thing. All I can say is we're here to support however we can.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi Christimay, so sorry you have amassed such a collection of conditions - hope no more come along to jump on the bandwagon.
  • Christimay
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your replies, there are so many kind folk on this site I have my appointment with rheumotologist next week so it will be good to see what he's sayin 9 times out of ten I'm told all of these immune disorders are hereditary but no one in my family has any of them so that can't be the case always x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I hope your appointment goes well. You could ask your rheumatologist about the auto-immune factor. I believe sometimes these things can arrive out of the blue but who knows....? Maybe someone, on either your mother's or father's side of the family, has some auto-immune condition you're not aware of. You don't smoke, do you? That's been linked to auto-immune rheumatoid diseases and to their severity.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    All of my troubles stem from both parents' families, butt Ma and Pa were fortunate enough to dodge the genetic bullets they so kindly gave me. It's why I chose not to have children but yes, sometimes this stuff starts just because it can - it's one of life's many side-effects. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben