Has anyone else noticed this?

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 10. Oct 2014, 10:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
Something has happened to the colours on here, well it has on my computer. When I used to click on a blue-headed thread to read it the colour would change to a pinky-red, to show that I had done so: now it goes to a pale grey, which is harder to distinguish. The type used to be black, now it's blue and, in my case, not so easy to read. Have I done something to my computer settings (believe me, I could and not realise it) or are others finding this too? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I noticed it too.Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Me to, it does help me knowing what I have read and what I haven't!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Thank you, DD. I, too, thought my computer or – worse – I :lol: was going into a decline then I realised my tablet was suffering too.

I find the pale grey difficult to read, especially, when, as a forum junkie :roll: , I'm confronted by a sea of it (though the page numbering and and 'poll' remains blue :? ), but the block of blue on each post is worse. The bright, harshness which made the blue suitable for the small topic headers makes it most unsuitable (according to my eyes) for a large wodge of text.

I'm not sure why this change was deemed necessary. We have often had to ask newbies to stick to black text as it's so much easier to read.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I thought I'd pressed something on my tablet.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    One thing hasn't changed: if you clear your browsing history then the faint grey disappears to be replaced by the blue (as did the pinky-red) but I am glad I am not the only one who is not finding this too commodious. I now have to use my laptop plugged in because its new settings means that it operates at a very low level of screen illumination when on battery. I got fed up with peering at the screen.

Given as how quite a few on here have troubles with their eyesight (due either to meds or age) I am somewhat bewildered that no-one from Arthritis Mansions took the time to ask us what we would prefer (apart from the badly-worded questionnaire about the new forum and I don't recall the colour of topic titles being mentioned on that). Did I miss something? :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Given as how quite a few on here have troubles with their eyesight (due either to meds or age) I am somewhat bewildered that no-one from Arthritis Mansions took the time to ask us what we would prefer (apart from the badly-worded questionnaire about the new forum and I don't recall the colour of topic titles being mentioned on that). Did I miss something? :? DD

I don't have any eyesight problems. Well, I didn't :lol: I wear reading glasses when I can be bothered but I can usually manage without.

As for the questionnaire - it wasn't about the forum but about the website. I, too, thought we were being asked about the forum. I was disappointed to realise that we weren't.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    May I ask the Mods and webmanager why the colours were changed and if this is intended to be permanent?

Hi SW.
    It has been noted and we are asking Paul our IT dept to look at it, thank you for drawing our attention to it. Moderator JK

We were just as surprised as you, and like you I thought it was something I had done - or maybe it had been blue all the time? Anyway the email was sent yesterday, I'm hoping for a change early next week, I will send a reminder if nothing happens by the end of Monday. I had thought it was a combination of black on yellow that was supposed to be the text? Someone looked into changing background colours in a thread? That might help a little for the weekend?

Moderator YEH
    Steven Wright