I don't normally laugh at women drivers but.....

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 10. Oct 2014, 15:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
We finished the supermarket shop, loaded up the car boot then Mr SW sat in the car while filling out the form which will entitle us to superdooper points (ie very little) under M'sons new points card scheme. Next he got out of the car again to return the form to the shop. A few minutes later he got back in the car, laughing.

The woman who had been attempting to park on the corner slot as we came out of the supermarket with our week's shopping had finally managed to get it in just as he returned to the car :roll:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I will not say a word lol.... :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I can teach people to read and write but now way could I teach someone to drive, I don't have the patience. Sometimes I fell very tempted to get out of my car and order them out of theirs so I can park it for them. Then you get the drivers (of both genders) who sit and look at the pretty green lights, then take off just as the amber lights up, and those who sit at junctions admiring the empty tarmac rather than completing their manoeuvre. :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Then you get the drivers (of both genders) who sit and look at the pretty green lights, then take off just as the amber lights up,

Ah one of Mr SW's pet hates. Why, in a queue at red lights, can drivers not anticipate that, if the cars in front are starting to move, then they, too, need to be ready to do so instead of waiting until the one immediately in front of them has driven a couple of car lengths away :mrgreen:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Where I work, I often watch, from an upstairs window, people park their cars. They drive in and out and backwards and forwards quite a few times. Then they get out and look at where the wheels are, get back in and do it all again before giving up and leaving the car with the back end sticking out. :lol:
    Christine