I need a wife.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 10. Oct 2014, 05:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
And I do but preferably a non-arthritic version who may be better able to cope with the work vagaries of a healthy spouse. Today has been rough enough but is now rougher as he left work when our dinner was within fifteen minutes of being ready. (He sent a text, woo-hoo.) A warning a little earlier would have been appreciated but why would he bother? When he chefs he has a disabled wife in situ, lucky thing. He is coming home to an overcooked meal and a surly wife.

Serves him right. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Reminds me of when after his heart attack my brother-in-law complained about the healthy low fat meals with lots of veg that my sister was cooking for him. I told him that if he were my husband and complained like that I'd tell him to cook his own meals!
    Hope Mr DD was suitably sorry when he got in.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He was contrite , Slosh, he always is when this happens, but his commute home takes anywhere between 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours which is why a little more notice would be appreciated! No matter, he munched his way through his spoiled dinner and apparently enjoyed it. At least one of us did. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    If you find one, may we share, please?

Do they come on prescription?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright