Arcoxia - any good?

Options
kirst74
kirst74 Member Posts: 72
edited 30. Oct 2014, 20:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Arcoxia has been suggested by Rhumatologist as a anti inflammatory- anyone had any experiences with this medication?
Good, bad indifferent?

Thanks

Kirsty
:)

Comments

• kirst74
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    OOPS spelt it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arcoxia...........

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • kirst74
    Options
    Oh dear I am tired this morning!!!!! :lol:

Spelt right I think after all!!!!!!!!!!!!! any feedback would be appreciated very much :oops:

Kirstyxx
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I found it a good anti-inflammatory, and my mum who has osteoarthritis swears by it. Unfortunately my asthma disliked it intensely so now I can't take it! :(

Hope it works for you.

Deb x
  • Kazziwaz
    Kazziwaz Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi, I've been taking it for a few years and have had no problems. Seems to do it's job :D
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I find this drug very helpful. I had to stop taking it one time before an operation and that was hell. I then realised how much it was helping me. Since then I have tried on numerous occasions to stop taking it but cannot if I want some kind of quality of life. :)

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Great drug and possibly the best anti inflammatory there is because it doesn't harm the stomach like others.

I have been taking it for years and it works great for me, one thing I must warn you about GP's will often try to take you off this medication and swap it to something thats much cheaper than naproxen. If/when this does happen stand your ground and get your rheumatolgist involved if needs must be.

I hope it works well for you
  • lynnemarie1123
    lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    How are you finding it Kirsty?

I have just been moved onto it from Diflofenic

started on 60mg which didnt touch me - now on 90mg but not sure if it is for me.

are you finding it helps you ?
    xx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Diclofenac always worked best for me, but I had to stop it eventually, and my GP is not a fan of Arcoxia, so now I have Naproxen, which has been fine so far and does its job satisfactorily.

It`s important to remember that what suits one person doesn`t always suit others, and of course folks have differing medical histories.
  • kirst74
    Options
    After all that, my GP refused to prescribe it!! Not a fan either. She said persevere with Naproxen instead. She said there was a "high side effect profile" with Arcoxia, but isn't there with all! I am going to see Rhumatologist Nov, We are going to discuss with the whole medication issue anyway. I don't think Naproxen is working so will see if he will change it then.
  • charleeh
    charleeh Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi,

Arcoxia is very very good for treating the inflammation. I have had a upset stomach on it before though so only lasted on it a few days. By upset stomach I mean a few cramps.

Hope you get sorted soon

Best wishes,
    Charleeh x
  • lynnemarie1123
    lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    For me Naproxen was pants ! Diflofenic was better but ceased to do it's job on me!
    Arcoxia is ok x but it's not the wonder drug I hoped it might be ! I've had a few tummy issues etc with it but kit hung I can't handle and at least the pain isn't as severe any more.

My betting your Gps held off as it's a more expensive drug than Naproxen. Best left to the consultant x good luck xxx
  • cjm
    cjm Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I have osteoarthritis just about everywhere, I have had both knees and hips replaced, and have it in my back feet spine and hands. I do take arcoxia however only a small dose of 30mg in with zomorph, gabapentin and paracetamol. However, my arcoxia ran out somehow ( my husband backache he swears by it) and I was without it for three days and I did notice the difference in general aches. I have taken it for several years as my GP prescribed it as a replacement for other anti-inflammatory drugs. I have had no side effects and I do suffer from a hiatus hernia so also take omeprazole which may protect my stomach lining!