Tired and achy but feeling positive

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 11. Oct 2014, 13:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well it's been a long and busy week at work, but I have worked from 8.30 to 3.00 everyday. OK so I was visibly wilting and slowing down physically and mentally from about 11.00 today but I did it, and after 18 long months I am no longer on reduced hours from next Monday.
I am not doing any after school meetings this side of half-term but will build up to those after the half-term break. We also looked at my risk assessment and ahead of any possible severe winter weather agreed that if we get any I will work from home those days as it would not be safe for me to risk going in.

All this and Donny Osmond on Strictly tomorrow.

Just off to shower and then crash in bed for an hour.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done Slosh - that will do your morale no end of good. Hope you have a restful weekend.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Well done yet again, Slosh :D

I like your winter risk assessment plan.

Enjoy the weekend.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Nice one Slosh - personally I would try and keep after school meetings until spring - later evening working never seems as hard in the light evenings!

The winter plan sounds good and the more you can plan for possible eventualities the less worrying it all will be and the more everybody will know where they stand. Enjoy a good relaxing weekend.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I hope you noticed I have learnt not to say "pathetically proud" as I did after my first week back in September. I am learning!

Mind you my little finger on my left hand has decided to be lazy, no pain, but not wanting to move properly. Oh well brain MRI soon and then neurology the middle of next month so should find out what's happening then.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I don't think there could ever be anything pathetic about somebody with such determination and tenacity to get up and keep going with life. I hope your finger behaves or at least calms down for you. Does the crutch make your shoulder tense? That might mess with the nerves a bit.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Slosh
    Options
    Actually since I've had to start using crutches I've found I grt less pain in my right arm then when I was leaning heavily on one stick. I have some muscle weakness down my left side which my orths consultant thinks is neurological - hence the next MRI and referral.
    It just feels good to be back at work and I'm grateful I have a supportive and understanding head and a job I can still do, with a few modifications.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Slosh wrote:
    I hope you noticed I have learnt not to say "pathetically proud" as I did after my first week back in September. I am learning!

Indeed you are :D I think you get a gold star for that, Slosh :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you Sticky. I have also learnt not to feel guilty about having a rest day on a Saturday and not think about it as being lazy.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Wow! You're almost ready for your Arthritis GCSE :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Re: Arthritis GCSE

It has come to my attention that I seem to have been entered for the above exam. This appears to be an error as it was not one of my chosen options. While I am managing to complete the course work I am finding it demanding and challenging and I am not enjoying the subject.

Please could you let me know how I can opt out of this subject, or failing that how soon before I can complete the course and start to study something more enjoyable.

Yours sincerely
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Dear Ms Slosh,

Unfortunately the arthritis GCSE is a compulsory course for a randomly selected group of students who are in no way graded according to geography, intelligence or masochism.

Enjoyment is not intended to be part of the course experience though 'challenging' certainly is. Some - though not all - students report accidental benefits such as life lessons learned and inspirational fellow students. There appears to be an unforeseen and unintended group identity among these students which is not so apparent in the arts and sciences.

I have to inform you that you will be on the arthritis course on a permanent basis. If you are successful at GCSE level, A-level, degree and masters will become available. If you fail at GCSE level, or any other level, you are condemned to repeat the course, in some degree of misery, until such time as you do graduate to the next.

Your teacher is the very experienced Professor Payne and your pastoral care is in the hands of Mme. Anne Algesic, aka Butterfingers..

I trust this will answer your queries.

Yours etc etc,

Hugh Cares (Head of Inhumanities)
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Oh well, it was worth a try!

As the Readers Digest used to say, humour is the best medicine.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you slosh..it just goes to show what you can do when you put your mind to it...hope next week goes ok for you..and not long till half term.. :)
    Love
    Barbara