150 Cars have their tyres slashed.

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 12. Oct 2014, 04:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sometime in the early hours of Sunday night, some lunatic slashed the tyres on 150 ..... yes you read that correct.. 150 cars, in the 1/4 mile radius of our house.
A scene of carnage greeted people who got up for work on ,Monday morning. The Police have some bad C.C.T.V. footage of this idiot, and he looks about 35 to 40 years of age.
A Conservative estimate is a bill for £20.000 to the motorists, and I've witnessed people in tears overs it.
Anyway, this has even made the local T.V. news, so the locals are at least getting to have their say.
What's wrong with the mentality of these people... Alanthemanc, still in shock.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh those poor people Alan!

They must be really fuming - I bet some of them can't afford to replace them.

Maybe they'll catch him? With that number of people directly affected and CCTV I think it might be possible!

Toni xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That is unbelievable. What is the point of such mindless vandalism? I hope they find whoever was responsible but have a feeling drink and/or drugs will be involved.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Oh dear! Was yours one of them, Alan?

If ever the term ' mindless violence' was apt, this surely is it. Hopefully the CCTV cameras will enable the police to identify him.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    No , mine wasn't one of them, but a good friends was on one of the roads, and he walked past hers, so that was a bit of good luck. Someone told me earlier today that the Police have someone in custody, so hopefully this guy will be behind bars very soon. thanks Alanthemanc
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    That's good news Alan

let us know if it's him when you find out :D

Love

Toni xxx