Clinical Negligence cases

Options
Ryedaledigger
Ryedaledigger Member Posts: 24
edited 19. Oct 2014, 05:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well four years down the road and still no sign of this case been settled.
Yes Ryedaledigger is moaning again, was on the phone to my solicitor on Friday to advise her about some hospital visits updates and see if any progress has been made. Poor lass I give her lots of grief but she is doing a very good job of looking after my interest, I always say sorry though. Her problem is the dam defence solicitors are not answering her e-mails or calls due to the massive case load that the defendants have to answer too. There is NO, so called, " time bar" set out in legislation for these types of cases to be settled which means it could take up to six, yes SIX, years or even ten, yes TEN. Flipping heck its so frustrating I must kick my car tires at least 5 times a week. Seriously though I really don't want this stress as trying to cope on a day by day basis is hard enough. I am going to arrange a meeting with my local MP, Anne Mcintosh, to see if she can answer why is not a "time bar" of two years, this is enough time to collate all evidence needed for the case. Any how take care every one. TTFN Steve

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    No wonder you're frustrated, Steve. This has been going on a long time and as I believe there are 93,000 people worldwide who had these implants, then each case will, presumably, be dealt with individually and that will take time.

The law works at its own pace and, although I think it's a good idea to have a word with your MP, I'm not sure what she'd be able to do other than attempt to change the law. That might help others in the future but would be of no use to you personally. It's worth a try though.

I presume you're well-acquainted with the DePuy website 's page on claims (http://www.depuy.com/asr-hip-replacement-recall )

Maybe a letter to a newspaper would help. All companies hate bad publicity and DePuy are in the J*hns*n & J*hns*n group.

Other than that I can only suggest you try to relax about it rather than fretting about getting it all settled. You don't need the stress.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Ryedaledigger
    Ryedaledigger Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Good news I received a phone call from my solicitor they are going to send me a small sum to keep me going until the case is fully completed, but no date for completion was given. Still trying to contact my MP for a meeting or phone call but will keep trying. Yes the company has a lot to answer for causing all these problem for so many people. TTFN Steve
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Does your MP do 'surgeries' , Steve? Ours does, regularly, in the local library.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright