Just got back from a city break

Options
JamesFoote
JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
edited 15. Oct 2014, 04:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Wow.

When to Budapest for 5 days. Now my wife loves here holidays and she works very hard and deserved to have a nice time.

Some of you know I was give Morphine to help me though until my pain Managment kick in no ideal but better then nOt going at all.

It was ok but painful I found that each day got a little worse until the last day I as happy to be coming home.

But I can not believe what we did, we were on the plane and we had a cheese toasty, what were we thinking colitis and white bread for me is a NO NO. We also had to walk in to the airport nice and cold windy and raining. I was shaking so much I could not focus my eyes I could hardly walk. We managed to get though and head home and since then I have don't nothing but sleep. 13.00hours now, food is not on my list I just need to drink.

I take it every one has problems in the cold, I don't know what is worse my headache my joints or my gut. Sorry just having a very low moment and can not stop crying it embarrassing
Just checked my temp and it is 40.9 no wonder I feel ill, nothing to do with my colitis much lol

James

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That sounds pretty high, maybe you should go to see your GP as you've returned from abroad just to check it's nothing too nasty. I hope it won't spoil your memories of your trip. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • JamesFoote
    Options
    Thanks mate.

I did one of the net doctor things and it told me to contact me doctor now

I rang amd they are closed today so contacted out of hours and a doctor is on there way to me.

Who knew going on holiday was so dangerouse lol
    But in a way I feel better because of it, I was worried it was the arthritis

James
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh James what a rotten end to your holiday..I find that Morphine doesn't work very well with my pain but the patches I use do, not much but its there..I have heard the Budapest is so beautiful .. hopefully whatever you have come down with can be sorted soon..sleep is good when you are poorly you heal when sleeping...let us know how you get on..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    No wonder you feel rough with such a high temperature. Don't know much about this but could it be a side effect of the morphine?
    Looking on the bright side at least you didn't go to Sierra Leone!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • JamesFoote
    Options
    Thanks people.

Just a bug, wheezing, coughing all the usual niceties
    I am too hot then too cold
    Still my good lady is being ever so nice to me
    And I am catching up on the new Doctor Who.

I liked the old doctor, still give him time. No pun intended.

James