Loo rolls

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 19. Oct 2014, 09:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
How is it that my arthritic hands can manage to start one off without leaving a trail of confetti on the floor whereas his unarthritic ones can't :?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Because those without arthritis have not learned patience :D
  • JamesFoote
    JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
    It is the way we were made

Loo roles and loo seats are just to complicated for us

So from all of us.

SORRY
    Sorry
    Sorry

James
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    As I seem to be the only person capable of replacing a finished toilet roll in my house I am always the first to use it so no confetti here.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Definitely a man thing - toddlers/ young children/ early teens of the male species can all manage to replace them, then they completely lose the knack and never regain it.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    JamesFoote wrote:
    It is the way we were made

Loo roles and loo seats are just to complicated for us

So from all of us.

SORRY
    Sorry
    Sorry

James

Nope. I have been married to one bloke for 46 years, James. We have two sons and two grandsons. I am well-practised in the art of detecting lame male excuses :lol: If you're all sorry DON'T DO IT. And, while you're in there, remember the disinfectant isn't just an ornament :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Mr LV has many irritating maleisms but luckily I checked out his toilet roll skills before I met him. He even hangs it the right way every time. I do have a friend who once posted an instruction video about changing rolls on Facebook for her husband :lol:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Mine leaves a trail of debris everywhere. He used to try but now his bad back doesn't allow picking up anything dropped on the floor (or the closing of the dishwasher). Everyone knows however, that stretching is the best thing for an arthritic back...I guess he needs a wife as much as I do :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Mr DD will replace a roll if necessary, and I ensure that there are spare ones in the shower rooms. We don't get much in the way of confetti but we do get uneven sheets - I know the secret of sorting that so it's no big deal. He will also (occasionally) squirt down some cleaner and - bless him - ALWAYS cleans the bath after he's had a soak.

I suspect he acquired these skills after he left home and lived on his own for some years - if he didn't do it no-one did. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    tkachev wrote:
    As I seem to be the only person capable of replacing a finished toilet roll in my house I am always the first to use it so no confetti here.

Elizabeth

Ditto Elizabeth :roll:
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    As I live on my own, I don't have any problems. My DIL has solved the problem by doing away with toilet roll holders and leaves several started rolls in a pretty basket on the floor.
    Christine