Itchy Burning Tingling Skin !!!

Options
Hips12
Hips12 Member Posts: 62
edited 31. Oct 2014, 17:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi i hope everyone is doing ok this weekend.

I have a question regarding skin problems and wonder if it connected to the arthritis or just a separate issue?

I have itching on the front of both arms ( elbows to wrist ) that has a burning, stinging sensation like lots of little pin pricks and it is driving me mad as nothing seems to settle it.
I will scratch it constantly and be left with the burning stinging prickly feeling.
Having had a recent flare I wondered if there is any connection to the arthritis....I seem to blame everything on it at the moment, but especially as it is itching in the same place on both arms simultaneously.

I know I can rely on you lovely folk for answers so many thanks in advance.

Hips x

Comments

• mamasmurf
    mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My first thought is medication ; when I was on coco's I itched constantly and it drove me mad ! Sorry I can't be much help but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon .
    mamasmurf
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    It's easy to assume everything we get is connected with the arthritis but, no, just like other people we get other stuff too :roll: Rashes are often due to things like laundry powder, shower gel, shampoo, soap etc.

Having said that, I've only ever had something similar as a side-effect of an NSAID that was later withdrawn. Especially if you've started any new meds, it might be time to check your meds' side-effects list.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How is your skin now? Have you discovered the culprit? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • JamesFoote
    JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
    Options
    I have this problem and it is nerve damage in my spine
    it feels like sun burn

Fingers crossed mate

James
  • Hips12
    Hips12 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    So sorry for not coming back to this topic, I am still none the wiser but thought I would bring it up with GP when I go for blood results on Tuesday..and report back.
    It could be the co codomol as I take them daily.
    I haven't switched laundry products so I don't think that can be the culprit and I haven't started eating anything unusual.
    The problem is I am still trying to find out what it is I actually have so I tend to ask you lovely folks about every new symptom.
    I know my joints are wearing, I know I have small bumps on my hand joints now, and I know that if one side of my body is affected so is the other side.
    I also know I have the symptoms of sjorgrens ...this was pointed out by an ophthalmologist who told me I have dry eyes ...I also suffer from a very dry mouth and was told last year during a bladder scan that I am very dry "down there" too :oops:
    Previous blood tests have not shown inflammatory markers so have been told it is Osteoarthritis.
    I have not been referred to a Rheumy.
    I await my latest blood test results on Tuesday evening.

Thank you as always

Hips x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    The not-knowing and doubting is always the worst. Please let us know the result when you get it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright