Anaphylaxis

Options
lulubell69
lulubell69 Member Posts: 110
edited 20. Oct 2014, 16:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
So sad
Just found out my sisters ex partner has died from an anaphylactic shock from taking antibiotics. He was in a coma for 3 days but his organs finally gave up this morning. Age 55.
I have suffered 3 major anaphylactics in the last year due to drug reactions, luckily I was in hospital each time so was 'brought back' very quickly. I feel so lucky to be alive.
Lesley

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That must be a shock to all concerned: I guess you met him and maybe knew him quite well? Life lies in the luck of the draw, as does death; we don't know when either will be thrust upon us. Hug your family tonight and then hug yourself. Here are some extras to be dispensed as you see fit. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lulubell69
    lulubell69 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Thanks
    X
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Lesley. How awful for him and scary for you thinking what narrow escapes you've had. I imagine yours were all fully supervised with remedies at hand. Was this poor man simply not aware he was allergic to penicillin?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Lesley, I'm so sorry for your loss – and for your own experiences. I made a wonderful friend in hospital during one of my stays and she had an anaphylactic reaction. They were able to bring her back, but it was so frightening for her.

Very best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)