And so the journey continues

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 24. Oct 2014, 14:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm funded :D
Hopefully I will soon get my delivery and we can start to see if etanercept works for me. I had almost given up hope because I had heard nothing and when I called my nurse yesterday and got no reply I was even more down in the dumps. I'm super duper sore at the minute with new joints jumping on the bandwagon whenever they can. I think I might be near my breaking point as I'm really struggling to stay on top of everything and keep myself going.

I honestly think this has been one of the most taxing times for me mentally. Arthritis plays so many games on you but sometimes the hardest one to compete in is the one where you just have to get out of bed and keep going every day and stay hopeful.

I might still be sore but I'm now a little more hopeful. Maybe, just maybe there will be a bit of relief ahead. Thank you all so much because you have all helped me get to here and you have all picked me up at some very low points. This isn't the end, I have lived with my opponent and game master long enough to know that but maybe the road will be a bit easier for a time. Who knows.
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :D:D:D(((())))

My lasagne can wait. This is more important.

LV, I couldn't be more happy for you. I so understand your reservations. So much hangs on so little, and so precarious, a thing but...it's a chance...and a hope....and maybe, just maybe....

Your two little bundles of energy are, I know from experience, what get you out of your bed each morning. You are one of the strongest people on here. I will take some convincing that you actually have a 'breaking point'. You may go down temporarily but you will always – maybe not 'bounce' :wink: – but at least 'crawl' your way back up. Remember the old chinese thing – what doesn't destroy you makes you stronger. (How lucky we all are, having all these opportunities to gain strength :lol: )

Please, please, please keep us updated :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Im so pleased for you LV,hope you can now get stated.I started on humira 2 years ago now and it changed my life,from not being able to get out of bed because my feet hurt so much i couldn't stand ,now i have limitation as we all do living with arthritis but lifes good for me.I so very much hope that it works for you.Love to all Mig
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi LV, I am sorry you are struggling so much and I so hope this will work for you and help you turn a corner. Good luck.

Susie
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you all, Sticky, you've made me blush :oops: I don't think this has been my strongest summer but who knows, maybe things are looking up. Definitely entering the phase of cautiously optimistic for now. I had a lunchtime bath to celebrate (I'm working from home and my little adorables are tiring my Mum out :lol: ).
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi LV,

I`m so pleased you got your funding, and I hope you don`t have to wait too long to start your new drug.

I`m on humira - 7 years now and counting - and it made a considerable difference to my quality of life. Hope yours works as well for you.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Good news LV, I'm so glad to hear your funding has come through.

I will be watching with interest for your posts on how the etanercept experience goes for you. There is a little self interest in this as I'm waiting to start it myself.

Best wishes for the infusions to start soon, go well without too many side-effects, and a good result from the drug.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That's wonderful news! You deserve it so much. I really hope it works for you as I know you've really been going through the mill for the last few months. You really are an inspiration.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What fantastic news - this has cheered a dismal day and I am very pleased for you. I sincerely hope this med makes a tangible difference to your life ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That's brilliant news LV :D
    I really hope it works for you, you so deserve it!
    Fingers crossed ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    That is such good news LV, and I really do wish you well with the meds..you deserve a break from all the rubbish you have had thrown at you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you all so much, you made the difference again! Arthritis seems to have taken this latest development very badly and so has decided to throw all its weapons at me whilst it can. I think tripe may be the answer until (or instead of) the biologics.
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    I hope it works out for you, LV :)

Do you know how much longer you'll have to wait? Is there anything that could help you in the meantime? (as well as tripe, obvs :lol:)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thanks Phee - I think I've exhausted all options bar the tripe but obviously as soon as my delivery of tripe arrives I will be overdosing on it (has anybody else noticed the delay in ordering tripe and receiving it?).

Had I not been so super sore I may have laughed at the irony of the claims yesterday morning that the beleagured NHS needs private sector input to create efficiencies in the system because the NHS part of my process was signed off to the efficient private sector (Alcura) three weeks ago and still they have failed to act. Who knows when they will?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    ((())) Plus a free sample of SuperTripe on its way :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    You're welcome, LV :)

Here's a few ((()))s to add to sticky's – and now I'm imagining us in a strange sort of huddle!

I hope you find your free sample of SuperTripe beneficial :lol:

Input from the private sector to the NHS might work in principle, but I doubt it'll be a smooth transition, unfortunately. Putting on my prophetess hat, I see inconsistent training standards and styles, resulting in communication problems and delays in delivering service. But I'm keeping my toes crossed that you'll get your new meds soon!

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)