back from pain clinic

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 23. Oct 2014, 06:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Thankyou all for the pocket duties, sorry about all the road works!!!! I was on the last minute although I set off in plenty of time too. :roll:
I saw the Professor who did my SI joint injections. He asked whether I had had any relief after the injections. I told him I had a little, but I did not go `pain free` at all, and the small difference I had wore off within 2 weeks. He said for people who had a good result after the injections, you can have another longer lasting procedure. Although he does think I have SI joint problems because of my hip issues, he wants to try something else. As another diagnostic procedure, he is booking me in to go to theatre for an epidural injection to see if that helps with disc pain. He also said he may do facet joint injections for me in the future too.
So I will wait for a date to go in. I feel it was a good appointment, as he is still going to try other things for me. I will give anything a go, if it has a chance of reducing my pain. Why not!?!
NB

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi NB
    That's good that she is still trying
    I've had facet joint injections.....like you anything is worth trying
    Like me with the cortisone injections at the moment {in the fracture site}
    Hope something works

love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Always good when there's a plan. Keeping my fingers crossed it goes well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I'm glad it was a good appointment, especially after the traffic jam. Why not indeed? Go for it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Why not indeed? I'm glad your pain might reduce in the future, and that it was a good appointment.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That does sound encouraging. I can empathise on the SI front, both of mine hurt all the time no matter what position I am in but I have not been offered injections, and I don't think I would accept, because they achieved nothing in other joints.

I hope the new plan is soon effected and a positive difference can be felt. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello NB..
    I am glad at least they are trying other things and not giving up ..I have heard of the sacro joint injection done in theater and I am hoping this is next for me..has for the facet joints ones I have had these, sadly they didnt work for me, but quite a few people were on there 3rd and more goes and said they brought lots of relief,so you give them a go ..hope you get some relief very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Glad you had such a positive apt, hope the epidural works and it helps, hope you don't have to wait long to get the apt through for the Epidural procedure.