Treating myself

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 29. Oct 2014, 14:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Off today on a mini spa break. I booked it as a half-term term treat as a reward to myself but now also think that with my neurology appointment in three weeks which I'm getting anxious about it will do me good to have a few days of good food and pampering.
Kindle loaded up so I plan to do plenty of reading.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Very nice. We all need some me time. Have a lovely time!

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    You enjoy yourself, these nothing wrong with a good pamper treat!!
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Have a great time slosh and chill out completely!

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What a splendid idea, Slosh, go for it and I hope you love every single moment of the indulgence and pampering. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Enjoy yourself Slosh, you've worked your socks off since the start of term and at the same time had some hard things to be rolling around your head. Enjoy the books, get lost in the stories and squeeze every last drop of pampering out of the whole thing!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Enjoy slosh you more than deserve it, have a great time xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Options
    I am chilling out! Cream tea this afternoon and a lovely room. Got a very good welcome, one member of staff saw me getting out of my car and opened up a side door for me so I could avoid the steps to the front door and then was happy to get my case out of my car and bring it round to my room for me. I was even remembered from my last visit in the summer but I think that might be down to Fred and Ginger.
    Best of all I was expecting two half-hour treatments as part of my package but found out I get two hours of treatments.
    Now to choose what I want for dinner.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    If that's the most onerous part of the day I reckon you're in for a bit of all right, as my Mum would say. You have more than earned it, Slosh and, even if it,s Fred and Ginger who are memorable, rather than you, who cares? It sounds as if you're being well looked after. Have a great time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Go for it Slosh and thoroughly enjoy yourself

Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Options
    Well fed although it is one of the times I wish I could have a drink with my meal. Coukd get used to this not cooking or washing up thing. Hubby took me out for dinner last night to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary.

Feeling relaxed already.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options
    Slosh
    you deserve that you've worked hard and gone through a lot.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Slosh
    Options
    Well after two hours of serious pampering this afternoon I feel VERY relaxed, and tired, this doing nothing is hard work.
    Already thinking about when my next visit will be, but I think as it is in the countryside it will probably not be until Easter.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    A belated Happy Wedding Anniversary, Slosh.

I think some of the tiredness is probably due to the whole atmosphere of where you are being encouraging towards giving yourself permission to relax. We are so used to ploughing on regardless because, if we didn't nothing would get ploughed :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you SW. I totally agree about the tiredness, it is a very relaxed peaceful atmosphere and being able to just switch off and relax and recharge is wonderful and just what was needed.
    Julian of Norwich