Well that didn't go to plan

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 1. Nov 2014, 11:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
The idea was that once the word got round that there was fruit at our house the kids would stop coming well they cleared us out i even had to use what we had kept back for ourselves.One little girl of about 4 ran off shouting "daddy i got a banana ".when it got a bit later and the older kids came i thought there might be trouble be no they were really good ,what are the parents feeding them that they are happy to get fruit. Mig

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    mig that's LOVELY :)

Really good for them too :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ours went exactly to plan, no visitations whatsoever. :D Mind you, I suppose it helps living in a road where everyone is retired but even so, no grandchildren came a-knocking. Thanks to the previous owner of No.10 we have a high wall and tall solid gate between the front door and the drive so to let people in means us leaving the house. I think not.

Mig, I think your local parents are feeding their children correctly, hence the excitement about getting fruit - obviously the preferred choice when it comes to snacking. Next year float the rumour that you only have tripe and offal to offer - that should guarantee a peaceful evening. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I had quite a few children in groups with their parents come round, although I've given sweets in previous years I decided it was now not worth the effort so put up one of the "No"posters my council provide in my window which worked. I did feel mean though as unlike last year, this year they were younger children.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Mig, that's a stonking idea.

Trick or Treating is, to my mind, a horrible idea. For 364 days in the year we teach kids never to accept sweets from strangers then, for one night only, tell them to go to strangers' houses and beg for sweets or money. It's crazy.

Yes, give them what, traditionally, they don't want and the matter should soon resolve itself. Next year I recommend sprouts, cabbage, liver, grisly stewed meat. lentils and, of course, tripe.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I tried giving fruit a few years ago - we handed out satsumas & apples, and the disappointment was etched on to every child`s face!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh mig you did make me laugh... :lol: like you say do they not see fruit at home.. :o we only had our neighbours children come round and they were giving sweets away ....there mum said they had to then they weren't begging... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara