bendy fingers

Options
Bradders
Bradders Member Posts: 5
edited 2. Nov 2014, 11:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all I am new to this forum had I have a few nodules on my hands and they are painful any anyone got any tips on how to prevent or even help the bend in joints, looks like I am starting to get witches fingers ahhh!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Bradders and welcome to the forum. I can't really help much as, after 53 years of this, I have the nodules, the witches fingers, the T-shirt and the lot :lol:

I think it's possible to get finger splints now which might help with the drift and the pain but I don't think there's a way of preventing rheumatic nodules.

It would have been better to post this on the Living With Arthritis forum rather than Chit Chat. I think you'd get more replies there. It's possible the Moderators will move your thread but, if not, I suggest you copy it over there. Good luck.

post moved, thanks for the hint :P , easy for us to miss when scrolling through unread. Mod YEH
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hello Bradders

Welcome to the forums from me too :)

A referral to physio/OT for some splints is probably the best idea for you.

Good luck

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I concur with the others in that you should see someone about this. What kind of arthritis do you have and what meds are you taking? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi, as others have said, splints may help, so a good idea to see an OT.