Why?

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 5. Nov 2014, 06:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Why is it that I see smears of low level grease all over my kitchen doors whenever I lack time and energy to deal with it but it disappears, temporarily, as soon as I do have time?

Why is it that the blouses that contain spare buttons are never the blouses from which you actually lose buttons? (Yup. This morning.)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Think that's what they call s*ds law!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My answer is the same as the one I give to the 'Why do I have arthritis?' question, which is 'Why not?' Our arthritic lives bear little relationship to those who can live with rhyme and reason: no rhyme and no reason is our lot and every now and again it's very exasperating. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I can just about cope with smears of grease, but dread losing buttons, and/or hems unravelling on trousers - usually hubby 's.
  • stickywicket
    DD - I think even non-arthritic people have these problems :D

Tezz - I was going to suggest the iron-on hemming stuff but, for a bloke? Nah. My three could all have them down again in a week :roll: OK for mine, though.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    I have tried the iron-on stuff Sticky, and also "encourage" hubby to put his trousers on more gently, sadly to no avail.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I wish grease stains in my kitchen magically disappeared even if only temporarily. Ditto the coffee Mr LV drips down the cupboard door but apparently never sees
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    All I can say is that sods law follows me around... :o has for the iron on stuff I use it but my OH promptly put the iron down on a piece...so be aware train them properly... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I thought it was just my hubby that drips :shock: though his is usually tea .Mig
  • stickywicket
    Train them properly? After 46 years of marriage I give up. Any tips, Barbara?
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    43 years coming up for us & I'm still reminding him to put things away when he's finished with them.
  • dreamdaisy
    Crikey, I am seeing my husband in a whole new light. OK, he drips (and sprays when stirring pans) but he is naturally tidy, does his own iron-on hemming, has been known to load the washing machine and iron his work shirts if things are rough for me, and he cooks every weekend. I think I'll keep him. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Train them properly? After 46 years of marriage I give up. Any tips, Barbara?
    Should have said start early..but its never to late...just teaching him how to clean windows...not an easy job..teaching him I mean... :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    :mrgreen: will you lend him out DD,please.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Ummm, no, I don't think I can do that, Mig, because there is a risk he won't be allowed to return to me. :wink DD