Currently I'm a skunkupine.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 3. Nov 2014, 05:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
I don't know how many of you read one of Sticky's replies on LV's thread (I think it was entitled arthritis and emotion) about being an ostripine or a porcupich (the mix of ostrich and porcupine) but I am less than proud to introduce a third element, that of being a skunkupine, viz. that unholy mix of a skunk and porcupine. I am very prickly and, if touched, will happily unleash a noxious mix of sulphur and phal curry. :oops: It's not been that a fabulous day thanks to the weather but, on the plus side, I managed a walk of some distance (at least Mr DD had the grace not to snigger at how short it was) and do two lots of washing (thanks to the machine) but I still had to load, unload and festoon an airer. Grrrrrrrr. :x Life should be better than it is but it isn't. No matter, get on with it, Daisy, because it's life as you know it. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear DD not so good lets hope you are deskunkupined soon (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    You're entitled to be prickly, DD, but at least you achieved something. Hope things are better tomorrow.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    You're one up on me DD. I declined to walk with Mr LV today. I sat in the passenger seat all the way there but couldn't muster the will to walk. I think it's skunkupine Sunday, I had to leave Mr LV to babies, dogs and dinner and take a bath earlier. (((((())))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Oh dear DD, but even on a day when you feel like a "skunkupine", you still manage to go out for a walk, even though the weather isn't great, and do the washing. Hope you feel less of a skunkupine soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I wondered what the aroma was :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello DD
    you are a good skunkupine very rare.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx