Ear and chest infection

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 5. Nov 2014, 04:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have had a cough for nearly two weeks and yesterday my ears started to feel sore and it seemed like i was underwater as i had to have a blood test for next weeks rheumy app i asked the senior practice nurse to check my chest and ears the upshot is i have a chest and ear infection,she said my left ear was bright red inside and its probably been brewing for a while ,so now i am having antibios for a week which is a pig as my next humira jab was due on thursday,she checked what type of antibios i could have so as not to interact with any other my meds. She's a good nurse and worth her weight in gold. Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh bother, this is so not needed, yes? I am sorry to read this but at least she's found the root of the trouble and you can take some meds to get things better. It may be an idea to miss this week's humira so the anti-bios get the opportunity to really get to work. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Oh dear, Mig - so sorry to hear you are poorly. It's a bit of a double whammy, chest and ears.

Hope the antibiotics work soon & you soon feel better.

Tezz x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Mig,sorry you are still poorly, I do hope the ABs work very soon .now you get some rest..and hopefully some pampering from hubby...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I, too, am sorry to read this, mig. Ear infections can be nasty things. My first hospital stay came as a result of a mastoid on my ear, aged 3 or 4. It was not pleasant. I hope the antibios work in time for you to enjoy your coming trip/
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Thank you all ,i must admit i feel a bit sorry for myself ,had to take some paracetamol as it was throbbing its calming down a little now,i suppose it will take at least 24 hours for the abs to start working.Hubby just made a cuppa a chocolate biscuit is called for. :( Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry to hear this mig hope the antibios kick in quickly and you get some relief soon (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    (((((()))))) I hope it settles soon with the antibiotics and you get to enjoy your trip.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Try chocolate. Usually makes me feel better. Hope you feel better soon.
    Take care of yourself.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Paracetamol is useful stuff and I hoped it helped matters. How are you feeling this morning? ((( ))) DD
  • mig
    Options
    Bit better this morning not fizzing quite so much.When the nurse looked in my right ear she said it had a lot of wax and said when i had finished the abs to go back and see her and she will check it again incase it needed syringing.
    I must say i have been a bit worried by all the changes our surgery have been making ,you have to have a telephone app with the doctor first who will then decide if you need to see him or her,the nurse said if need be make an app with her and she will see me which allayed my fears somewhat. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have small ear canals which easily get blocked thanks to wax. I find that *t*x ear drops helps to keep things clearer. Keep in the warm, drink lots of fluids and rest as much as possible. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I had my ears waxed a couple of times long ago. It feels a bit weird but OK. My Dad had to have it done regularly. We'd send him down when the radio got unbearably loud for the rest of us :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    You had your ears waxed Sticky i see you now with a virtual forest sprouting from your ears. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol::lol::lol:

Er....syringed.

(But the image isn't as good :lol: )
    Steven Wright
  • Hips12
    Hips12 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Not so good on top of everything else :(
    I recently went to have my ears syringed as I was getting on my kids nerves by asking them to repeat everything 3 times.
    Unfortunately there was barely anything to come out so I am having to face the fact that age is catching up with me :cry:

Hope you feel better soon.

Hips x