OH JOY OF JOYS

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 18. Nov 2014, 15:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hubby had an x-ray last week on his hips,he has mild to moderate osteo in both hips with right one being slightly worse,he has an app on the 18th with gp to discuss having physio and pain relief (paracetamol). You have to live with and know him to understand the title.Mig

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Not wishing to be unsympathetic Mig but is this diagnosis like Mr LV's back pain the like of which nobody can understand? The way it is frequently dropped in conversation, used to avoid all forms of exercise, the cause of frequent wincing and oh or ahing? The kind of diagnosis where any physio exercises will be 'done daily' just never on the days you might see...and of course, much worse than you?
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    mig wrote:
    You have to live with and know him to understand the title.Mig

Nope. You have to live with a bloke. Virtually any bloke will do.

It is one of the lesser known facts of arthritis that, actually, it's much simpler than the experts would have us believe. There are not 'over 300' kinds. There are two - male and female, just like any other illness or disease. The male version requires constant cosseting and sympathy whereas the female version is required to get by on a regime as close her previous, non-arthritic one as possible.

(((()))), Mig. You're going to need them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    I don't want anyone to think I'm not sympathetic but this man who I married for blah blah in sickness and health has put me through enough in the last 12 years,he had a major stroke in 2003 which resulted in tunnel vision ,balance problems and memory problems and other minor things like having the same conversation several times a day ,5 years later he had to have by- pass surgery on his legs ,he was cut from groin to mid calf on both legs so they could take the graft from one leg to put in the other ,then he had to have double hearing aids ,(see he said I told you I was deaf ) then after about a year I was diagnosed with ra (I have lupus as well ) getting to where I am now took a lot out of me and I am thankful that the drugs are working as well as they are but because of the stroke he doesn't fully understand just what I'm am going through though he does try,anything I want doing he will do it,anything I want he will get it for me .Did I sign up for this when we married yep I signed my name would I do it again what's that Old saying "if I knew then what I know now " well who knows.
    Well got that out of my system. Replies not nessasary .Just a rant. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Mig, I apologise. Yours was a serious post and I took it, and replied, light heartedly. Partly, that's because you yourself are one of the most light hearted members of the forum. Who would have guessed you have so much to deal with alongside your arthritis? You carry your burdens very lightly and I take my metaphorical hat off to you. And I repeat (((()))) and as many more as needed for as long as needed.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    I am sorry Mig. I also assumed yours was a light hearted post, I understand now that it wasn't. Good luck to you both (((((())))))
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh my dear Mig, I am sorry to read this, I missed it last night as I'm not an owl but realised that it wasn't light-hearted as I recall your mentioning some time ago his devastating stroke, and its ghastly effects on the two of you. So, we have yet another hurdle to be overcome (and I mean 'we', your friends on here will always be available to help) but you will get through this: you're on your own but not alone. ((( )))

I hope the trip to the Tower goes well - the weather here is dreadful but hopefully London will be better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Morning Mig. ((()))
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi Mig,

What a lot you have on your plate, and though I`m fairly new here, I`ve always found you so cheerful and light-hearted. I`m sorry your husband has arthritis with which to contend, as well as other problems.

I hope you have a wonderful day at the Tower, and enjoy the poppies and the sandwiches!
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi mig,

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. I'm sorry also that I don't have anything useful to say, but I just wanted to leave a few hugs and hope that you enjoyed the Tower :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • mig
    Options
    Thank-you all so much for your concern maybe i need to learn that life cannot always be treated in a lighthearted way but i think its my way of coping with all that life has a habit at throwing at me,(wish i wasn't so good at catching) ,he's not moaning about it ,he's a bit like me just gets on with things but for all that he's a man.
    I had a fantastic but a very long and tiring day yesterday ,i am going to put a photo on chit chat. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Mig I think you needed to get all that out.. :( it must have been so hard for you both, I do worry has to what I would do if my OH was poorly he has a bad knee but at the min its behaving but there is no way he would have it seen to ... :roll: glad we can be here for you...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    Options
    Today is hubby's app with gp to talk about HIS athritis .Wish me luck. Mig
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Good luck to you both, I hope it goes well (((((())))))
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry just seen this mg :oops: sorry you have even more to contend with , good luck with the appointment xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello Mig
    i hope to day goes well for you and MR Mig you have enough to cope with.
    ((((((((Mig and Mr Mig))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I, too, wish you both the best of luck, mig. I am thinking of you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    So he's been referred for physio just got to wait for app to come thru,has been given paracetamol 1 or 2 up to 4x daily when or if needed and has been given codeine to be take only if absolutely nessasary and also said its too early to send him to ortho as he will only be turned away.Did test his range of movement of both hips the right one is considerable less than the left.Mig
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    I hope the physio helps and he gets an appointment quickly. It sounds like some progress and at least they now have him 'in the system' so that things can move forward. How does he feel about it?
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sounds a reasonable appointment mig as LV says at least now he is in the system, lets hope the physio and dullers keep things to a minimum xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    Options
    He seems alright about it ,i think he realised beforehand what the outcome would be,my problem will to get him to take the dullers after 50 years i know when he's suffering same as he does with me,we will probably have to go over all of it again as the stroke he had damaged his short term memory. The thing is when he's sat down it doesn't seem to bother him.Mig
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    I don't know if it would be any use (and if you'd do it better yourself) but you can get devices to remind you to take a dose which might help him manage it himself. There are apps too if he has a smartphone.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hope the physio appointment isn`t too long in coming, Mig, and that the painkillers will do a good job.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Good appointment, mig. I hope the physio helps. If he's comfy when sitting why bother with the meds? I certainly wouldn't fret over them.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    So, now as well as sharing the choccie bikkies you can share your dullers of choice. :roll: Might I suggest two in the morning then two before bedtime? That way he will be able to move around more during the day if required but will still get some pain feedback about when to rest for a while. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben