PIP got it

Options
YORKYSUE
YORKYSUE Member Posts: 35
edited 10. Nov 2014, 06:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Not posted for ages but still read posts i went for my pip assesment 4 weeks ago got a letter yesterday and was very surprised that ive got the enhanced rate for both im so happy i never thought id get it and that i would have to appeal to all you who are going through this i hope you get the same result :D

Comments

• As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad to hear a positive outcome!

Who did you have the assessment with, Capita or Atos?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Well done! I'm very pleased for you :D

As5567 - US firm Maximus are taking over from ATOS. They claim to be more interested in getting things right first time. Let's hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Well done! I'm very pleased for you :D

As5567 - US firm Maximus are taking over from ATOS. They claim to be more interested in getting things right first time. Let's hope so.

More or less the same thing Capita have said, so far they seem just as bad as ATOS. Let's hope it's a 3rd time lucky!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am still on high-rate mobility DLA but know that PIP will be coming along in due course. I fully expect to lose some money because I use walking aids but hopefully it won't be withdrawn altogether; I am considerably worse than when I first claimed and the income is useful towards the ever-increasing expenses of being disabled. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • YORKYSUE
    YORKYSUE Member Posts: 35
    Options
    It was with Atos i use a walking stick and got the high rate mobility ive just sent off for a blue badge so hopefully i will get one i dont get out much only if my son takes me but it will be a help with parking nearer to the shops i still cant believe i got it i am really bad with pain and my mobility is not good but i still thought id have to appeal ive finished work due to ill health so money was a big issue so now i can relax a bit thanks for your replies and i wish everyone good luck with your assessments.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have a BB and it is very useful. I am reliant on two crutches for short distances and use a rollator for the longer ones - I also have a wheelchair if needed. I am pleased that you have had such a good outcome, at long last someone who needs it has been granted it. You are a rare one! :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Very pleased for you - it's lovely to hear of someone being successful.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I do love good news :D ..and I am very pleased for you x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Well done, I'm sure the money will be a big help
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I got a letter from the benefits and pensions people the weekend saying I had been changed over to ESA okay so that is sorted and so DLA and ESA are all sorted at last can stop stressing!!