A first for me.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 11. Nov 2014, 06:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
I spent a blissful 45 minutes this morning holding a five week old baby boy. He was a hot and heavy bundle of sheer gorgeousness, I've held babies before but not one as young as this. His eyes are beginning to hold focus, we spent anything up to two minutes eye-gazing before he lost it, his yawns were delightful but I missed seeing a sneeze because I was talking to his granny (my masseuse). I heard it though - and burps from either end. :wink: He had just been fed when I arrived so he was nicely satiated and sleepy.

Mr DD has a rival for my affections: come to think of it there are many similarities between the two of them. :lol: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    But remember DD they are just as demanding as our menfolk. :lol: Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    mig wrote:
    But remember DD they are just as demanding as our menfolk. :lol: Mig

But rewarding too!!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I love the faces they pull when their that young, I remember Ollie that old, And they smell lovely when their not bottom blowing and filling their nappy!!
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    bubbadog wrote:
    I love the faces they pull when their that young, I remember Ollie that old, And they smell lovely when their not bottom blowing and filling their nappy!!

My husband just adores the smell of new or small babies.
    When our grand children were born he says he remembers their smell.

We recently went to Toronto to meet our third grandchild and my husband couldn't wait to cuddle and 'smell' our beautiful second grand-daughter.

(Pity they have to grow up) :wink:

Only joking.

Kath
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Every family member baby I have held seems to throw up on me!! I don't know why but so far touch wood My Niece's baby Ollie hasn't done it but maybe I have just hexed myself! Note to self make sure I wear an old jumper when he comes round my house next!!!