Is pain underarm associated with RA

Options
Jessicass
Jessicass Member Posts: 2
Hello I have had RA for the last 25 years. 2 months ago I had to stop my methotrexate and abatacept infusions due to an on going infection I have. In the last couple of weeks I have been in pain under my left armpit and breast ( there are no lumps) can this be a flare up of arthritis as not sure if you can get arthritis here. Look forward to your reply
Many thanks
Jessica

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,487
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jessica

Thank you for your posting, I am sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing under your armpit and breast. We are not medically trained on the Helplines, so would be really difficult for me to say whether or not this could be part of a flare up, it may associated with your RA or it may not be. I think the best thing to do would be to check it out with your GP/medical professional as this would be the person best placed to answer this.

Below are the details for the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society, who may be helpful:
    http://www.nras.org.uk/
    Helpline: 0800 298 7650

If you would like to talk to us on our Freephone Helplines 0808 800 4050 (weekdays 10-4) you are most welcome, here we can take the time to talk about concerns, informally and in confidence.

I hope this is of some help.

Best wishes
    Lynda