Three wheels on my wagon . . .

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 13. Nov 2014, 07:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
. . . . so I stopped rolling along. :( I was looking in a shop window, waiting for Mr DD to appear. I saw his reflection in the window so swung my rollator around to call to him: the front left nearside wheel promptly fell off. A passing lady kindly kicked it back into position and then 'imself turned up, pulled it out - :? - then shoved it back in. I took three strides and it fell out again - we then discovered that its securing bolt had disappeared.

We returned to the car, with me pushing the rolly along on its back wheels (which was awkward due tot he handles being low so I've now twinged my back). We came back to the house, did some research then went out again for him to purchase a new bolt and some kit with which to fix it. He has done it but I can freely admit to you that I don't feel 100% confident with a bodged repair but at least I have four wheels once more. If I find a rolly shop then I might get a new one. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :shock: Blimey! That sounds scary. In fact, doubly scary as a husband's DIY job never does fill one with confidence :roll: Maybe superglue? This, as I recall, is a fairly new (just before you moved house) very good rollator. Surely it should go back to the shop as it's both dangerous and not fit for purpose. I seem to remember Turbogran having the same problem. Your contract is with the shop which sold it to you. I think a refund is in order but, meanwhile, I hope you're safe.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I wouldn't feel safe if himself fixed it.
    Blinking interweb been off all afternoon . Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sticky, I've had it for just over a year, so no guarantee, I mislaid the receipt in the move and the shop that I bought it from has closed down. I don't for one moment think he'd let me use it if he didn't feel it safe - we'll see. I must admit I am thankful I wasn't seated at the time!

Oh Mig, no interweb? That is so frustrating. I hope it behaves today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Maybe the manufacturer? I do understand your mixed feelings about it. Yes, of course Mr DD is perfectly confident about his handiwork and I imagine it's the sort of thing that only looks right if it is right. However.... I'm reminded that Mr SW last night expressed every confidence that the new (to us) restaurant we are going to tomorrow evening would have an accessible loo. It's so easy to be 'certain' when it's not your own legs that are crossed :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright