Agony in all my joints and limbs

Options
Iamdjharg
Iamdjharg Member Posts: 9
edited 14. Nov 2014, 09:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Iamdjharg Post subject: Agony in all my joints and limbs Posted: 12 Nov 2014 00:05

Posts: 5 When i am in bed i do not move when asleep for a while so when i am about to turnover i am in such pain and have to get up and sit in the chair until i am back to an ache.
I have a memory foam pillow 'No diference than b4'
I am on alot of meds for all sorts one being buprenorphine for an old problem wich does help me put up with an ache when sat down but as soon as i need to walk i am in pain again but this med stops me from taking most pain killers i used to be prescribed like 'tegratol' etc.I have a stick to walk and i like to get about however hard it becomes.
Please can anyone tell me in a similar position do pain clinics really help people in my situation ie: cannot take most painkillers with my buprenorphine.
I hope i have explained myself clear.Thanks...

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello again lamdjharg :)

My view would be that you are clearly in a lot of pain so what do you have to lose? Why not suck it and see?

I don't know anything about buprenorphine except that it's a strong pain duller. Have you thought that, if this is the reason why you can't take many other meds, maybe it has become more of a problem than an asset? It might no longer be working well for you and it might be that something else, or a combination of other things, would work better. It's my understanding that Pain Clinics are very good at sorting out the best meds for the individual so, in your case, I'd definitely give it a go.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Being in constant pain is miserable to say the least but it has to be borne. Pain-free is never going to be an option so we have to learn to adjust and manage as best we can. Distracting yourself from it is one of the best techniques because placing your focus on it only worsens matters. The drugs can only do a certain amount, the rest is up to us. Males have more pain receptors than females so can have a tougher time dealing with chronic pain. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben