Ciao!

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 14. Nov 2014, 14:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry but I don't know how to bid farewell in Arabic. :wink: This time tomorrow, I shall be somewhere over the ocean on my way to Egypt. An all inclusive, disability friendly hotel in Sharm El Sheikh awaits. This is my first proper holiday in 8 years, so it's a big adventure for me. I have more medication that clothes because my health has not been good (another story for another day) and I have reluctantly agreed to airport assistance but still, it's a holiday!

I know that my visits to the forum have been sporadic and I apologise, I do try to pop my head in and keep up with everyone's comings and goings. I hope you're all as well as can be.

Sophie x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I read your header with some trepidation as I wondered if this meant you'd decided the forum wasn't for you. I was so pleased to discover it's good news.

Airport assistance is a must. It's not so much the walking as the standing that gets to me. You'll be first on and last off the plane. I suggest you ring before setting off for home again just to check they've not forgotten.

And don't forget to have a great time and tell us all about it when you get back :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope you have a fantastic holiday and you have no need to apologise for not popping in.: you are busy, far busier than many of us and have better things to be doing than reading about and supporting others. Get right away from everything and make sure you enjoy yourself! I look forward to hearing about it on your return. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I hope you have a really lovely holiday, plenty of nice sunshine and a good rest.

I couldn`t manage without airport assistance - walking, albeit slowly, is not too bad, but standing for any length of time defeats me.

Enjoy your trip!
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time. Enjoy!

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Have a wonderful time and enjoy a well earned holiday.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Enjoy yourself, a much deserved break xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hope you have a terrific holiday.Mig
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    وداع, Sophie :)

I had to look that up :lol:

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)