pocket duties please (again)

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 18. Nov 2014, 04:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Work has been/is keeping me very busy and really knocking the stuffing out of me by the end of the week if not earlier on a week like the past one which was longer than usual and more stressful.
However the main reason for posting is that I am getting quite anxious about my neurology appointment on Tuesday morning. Some of you may remember that a couple of months ago my orths consultant referred me as he thinks my symptoms and mobility problems are neurological in nature. When I last saw him he referred me for a brain MRI to "speed things up" as he felt neurology would ask for this and he is "very concerned "about me. My GP who is also worried has said that I may have developed Multiple sclerosis.
I've not googled this as I know that will be the best way to scare myself silly and I've been keeping busy with work, but the nerves are setting in now and as my GP says with a referral to neurology along with a brain MRI it's natural to be anxious. I'm at the point where I just want to know what is going on.
I know it's not the usual referral that gets posted on here but I'd still like to have some of you in my pockets.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Firstly, I offer my congratulations that you have (so far) refused to google these matters and I hope that remains the case. Secondly, this is indeed a momentous appointment. Thirdly, I will be thinking of you on Tuesday (I can't be in your pocket 'cos I'm away and would have to bring a rather bemused spouse :wink: ) but please update as and when you can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Im at the doctors with hubby but i will certainly be thinking of you.mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've been thinking of you and wondering how work was going. Well done on continuing to keep up.

I shall be thinking of you on Tuesday. I hope the news is good.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I`ll be thinking of you on Tuesday, Slosh - I do hope you get some answers, and a treatment plan.

With you in spirit,

Tezz x
  • Slosh
    Thank you all. Sticky I will do a post about work, it's been a bit mixed, but the bottom line is that I don't do much evenings to do my best to recover for the next day and feel I need to prove myself.
    I have been sensible though and I will not be going into work on Tuesday, I have also booked a GP appointment for the next morning, partly to get a new prescription of Meptazinol but mainly to update him about neurology and that afternoon I see my physio.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Count me in Slosh, lets hope for a positive appointment x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Count me in slosh..I hope the appointment goes well.and that that results are good..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Slosh
    i will be there for you i hope all goes well.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Slosh
    Thank you, it's definitely starting to get to me now. I found it hard to sleep last night, but at least I know at the worst I will only have a couple of anxious nights before Tuesday.
    Julian of Norwich
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    I'll be there too, Slosh. Good luck. xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Slosh
    I'll be there....in your pocket....let us know how it goes

Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    I'll be in your pocket, too, Slosh. I hope it goes well and I'll be thinking about you.

Meg
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I was thinking about you last week Slosh and thought this appointment must be on the cards. Of course we will be there with our fingers and other joints crossed hoping for good news. I think you have done amazingly not to have a google and to stay as calm and collected as you have. I really am going to be there hoping for you and supporting you with all my might.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I haven't forgotten. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Gonna squeeze in to be there for you Slosh!!
  • Slosh
    Thank you DD.
    LV, so impressed you remembered with everything you have going on. I had a bit of a panic Saturday night but yesterday was better. Deliberately made sure I had a packed work diary for today but now I'm home I'm definitely not feeling calm. Just want to get there now and find out what's going on. I have stocked up on treats though as I felt they were needed and really wish I could have a drink or two tonight.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    We are all with you Slosh. By the way are these treats for your pocket ? Mig
  • Slosh
    Yes, but I hooe the cream cakes don't get too squashed!
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Good luck Slosh - thinking of you tomorrow.

Tezz x
  • Slosh
    I think I'm going to need big pockets! Thank you all so much. I will let you know how it goes.
    Julian of Norwich
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi Slosh,

I hope I'm not too late to jump in too! I wish you all the best for this appointment and I'm happy to volunteer as Cream Cake Supervisor on this occasion :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Slosh
    I'm sorry. I did say I would be in your pocket but I have a volunteers meeting {Arthritis Care} at 10am and it wont finish until about 4pm.....but I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing how it went
    Good luck {{{{{{}}}}}}}

Hileena
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Good morning Slosh, I just wanted to lend a bit of extra support (((((()))))). Thinking of you. LV
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • mig
    Good luck Slosh. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Good luck xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles