ouch

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 17. Nov 2014, 14:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Coming down the stairs i must have tried to stand on a step that wasn't there and the next thing i knew i was on my knees on the hall floor i was sat back on my heels with my toes bent ,its a good job my toe joints are k****ered else it would have hurt more than it did they feel very sore now,my knees seem alright but it really shook me up.Mig

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Mig, what an awful thing to happen - no wonder you feel shaken. You will probably discover more places aching as the day goes on.

Be kind to yourself, and feel better soon,

Tezz x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    You poor thing, apart from the pain itmust have shaken you up. Take it easy for the rest of the day.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Oooh, Mig. You poor thing. Hope things don't hurt more in the next few days. Take it easy.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Aww Mig,
    Take care of yourself....pamper yourself for a while.
    No doubt it will feel sorer as time goes on. Glad nothing broken :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    (((())))

Doc SW prescribes a warm bath, many cups of tea (prepared by someone else) and feet up with the book of your choice. Later a small glass of wine (I'll help you dispose of the rest of the bottle :wink: )

Take care, mig. It's not just the pain but the shock too. Go easy for the rest of the day - or several.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bridesmum
    bridesmum Member Posts: 181
    Ooh chills ran down my spine when I read your post. The thought of landing on my knees made me cringe. Hope you feel better soon. Deb
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Ouch. Feel better.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Have a couple of bruises on my arm ,right foot still a bit tender but that seems all ,fingers crossed thats it .Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Mine are crossed too. (But still lie low and get a few more cuppas out of it :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    (((((()))))) ouch indeed. I hope you have got away with just a few bruises but even so, it won't hurt to take it easy for now. LV
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh, it's so easily done, one little lapse in concentration and down you go. (I do it too, but not for a little while now.) Be gentle with yourself for a day or two, these things can knock us for more than six. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Sorry you have 'ouched' yourself as DD said it is easily done! Take care of yourself for a few days and hope your body will be forgiving to you and not be angry and let you know about it!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Mig sorry you have had this fall, must say the stairs scare me these days..that must have really shook you up..I hope you have been able to rest it...and have some me time..((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara