Support Group

Options
Cazab
Cazab Member Posts: 4
edited 27. Nov 2014, 14:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone, I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct section as this is my first time on here, but am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a support group in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, I looked all over the site but can't find anywhere where it mentions anything about them, so am hoping someone is able to help, thank-you :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi cazab and welcome to the forum :) There's no 'correct' place to start so hete's as good as any.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a branch in Rotherham. I think Sheffield or Barnsley would be your nearest. Have a look here http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/InyourArea/NorthEngland/our-branches/south-yorkshire-west-yorkshire

Mind you, we're always here online for support and info. And there's always Arthritis Care's Chat4Change (see the topic higher up). Hope this helps :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Cazab
    Options
    Hi cazab and welcome to the forum :) There's no 'correct' place to start so hete's as good as any.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a branch in Rotherham. I think Sheffield or Barnsley would be your nearest. Have a look here http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/InyourArea/NorthEngland/our-branches/south-yorkshire-west-yorkshire

Mind you, we're always here online for support and info. And there's always Arthritis Care's Chat4Change (see the topic higher up). Hope this helps :D

Thank-you so much I'll try that, Sheffield is good for me too as I work in Sheffield x :)
  • Cazab
    Options

Thank-you so much, I'll try that, but Sheffield is good as I work there x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to the forum
    If Sheffield is good for you that's fantastic.....There is great support on here but I still love my branch {North East}
    Just ring the number and find out when they meet and introduce yourself and see what happens.....give it a shot anyway.
    Ours is a very active group.....seated zumba {some stand some sit some stand for a while then sit} a walking group, yoga.
    We go for days out, meals out, and on holiday....Our next holiday is in March to the Peak District for 5 days
    We then have one in the summer {Cardiff I think} and one in the Autumn...cant remember where.....to far away to even think about at the minute :lol:
    Hope you find a good group
    Let us know
    Love
    Hileena
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Thanks for promoting the cause sw.

Hello Cazab,
    You might find chat4change useful.
    Just log. onto the national area that suits you best and follow