Strange knee

Options
FionaP
FionaP Member Posts: 39
edited 17. Dec 2014, 06:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello lovely people,
I have ra and am having an odd sensation in my right knee.
The knee is swollen and feels like it will give way at any moment however it's not painful! It's been like it for nearly a week now.

Any ideas and advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Fiona
Fi
x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can identify with the 'swollen' and 'feeling like it might give way' bit but not the lack of pain. I'd take it to the doc if I were you. Good luck.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I remember swollen, I sill have the 'it might give way' thing too but no pain? I've no idea what that feels like! :lol: What have your recent bloods shown - if you are taking meth or some such and haven't had some done then that may be a wise first step. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • FionaP
    Options
    Hi. Thank you both for replying, I'm on meth, sulf and pred, I'm due a blood test on Wednesday so will have a chat with the nurse whole I'm there.

The no pain thing is really weird, I'm so used to being in pain that it's kind of worrying me more having just this odd sickly feeling.
    Fi
    x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I think that's a good plan. Who knows whether or not the sickly feeling is connected or not? Best to ask the experts. Please let us know how you get on.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    This is a timely appointment for you - I hope she has time to chat. Both meth and sulph can cause nausea - I cannot remember about pred because, when I was on it, I loved it and felt 'better' in myself. I always sit with my feet up and remember the days of draping a bag of Daisy's Knee Peas round the hot and swollen joint. Good luck with the test and please let us know what she has to say. DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    I've had issues with swollen knee and the feeling it will give way, but mine was painful - and still is. Then again my issues are osteo arthritis and not RA.

I'd see the GP if it were me. Please keep us up to date. Sorry I can't help.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    My knees nearly always feel swollen and do sometimes give way. No pain most of the time but occasionally very bad either inside the knee or at the back of the knee.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've just had a thought: if your bloods are being done by a phlebo then they won't be able to help - I think you should contact your rheumatology unit - does it have a Helpline? If you ring it remember to leave all your details so they know who rang! DD
  • FionaP
    Options
    Hello all, well you were right the bloods HCA had no idea, however it has gone down as quickly as it came up. I will mention it at my next rheumy appointment.

Thanks again for the support

Xx
    Fi
    x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Do inform them, it's important. Take a measurement and pic of your 'normal' knee then, should it happen again, measure and pic again. At its worst my left knee was 27" in circumference - it looked rather odd as all the swelling was above the knee cap. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Good plan :cheesygrin:
    Steven Wright